Sign in to follow this  
ftm

Troy Wont Be Beaten

was asked to work dogs a week or so ago as keeper was after a troublesome fox nothing all day and finally on last wood I heard gun shot and few minutes later troy comes up through a ride with his prize [was informed he hit it like a pit bull when he saw it fall] -he has had a run in with one before and I was surprised at his behaviour then as he doesn't have a bad bone in him -he is very soft mouthed with all game 20170311_143125_zpstwsbrzz6.jpg

• Like 2

spot on that, tough old dog them springers are :thumbs: .When i done bit of beating ,used love watching them work deff a alounder type gundog :thumbs: regards old charlie , dogs just seem to know what they are with look/smell , they know they got teeth on them, my big dog very soft on rabbits and few birds off him all good condition ,and he the same regards other dogs he don't like trouble, but them red buggers he like crocodile on them lol.

• Like 1

My Big Lab the same. Bitten when he was young and hates them now. If I shoot one he likes to go and give it a 'wee' shake...😊

• Like 1

Lol a mate had a lab that retrieved dead foxes but came across one beating one day that was curled up asleep and tried to pick it up lol he won't go near them since

• Like 1

troy would be all over it like a rash lol -he hates them with a vengeance

If i couldnt find them after going lamping i would go back the next day with my springer and she would find them