Danner Boots Pronghorn GTX 8"

If you hadn’t noticed Winter’s nearly here lads and lasses, Hunting, shooting, Lurcher and Terrier work.

Take a closer look at some of the pics posted on here you will see a lot of short boots, sloppy welly’s, trainers etc only one pair of feet you have and they should last a lifetime, if you value your feet then give them some comfort (£20.00 feet = £20.00 boots) treat them like you’d treat your dog’s. :good:

A must for a night’s lamping or a day out with the terriers is a sturdy pair of boots to keep your feet dry, warm, and above all ones that will support your feet and ankles, Strong enough to carry you out into the field and are lightweight enough not to wear you down after hours of slog.

I’ve recently received my new pair of Danner Pronghorn CamoHide GTX boots courtesy of Rig Equipment in Birmingham

Have started giving them the test, firstly when you have a new pair of boots you might wear them round the house and garden to break them in, these I found were quite comfortable from the off, so without delay I planned to give them the field test.

Early morning soaking wet grass, streams and the marshland was the agenda, after about two hours I noticed something really pleasing, I got DRY FEET, first time in months…. And they were warm…

I’ve had them for several days now and have been out each day giving them, myself and the dogs some exercise, the more I wear them the better they are, I only wish now that I wasn’t such a tight welsh git :icon_redface: and invested some money into new boots some months back, wouldn’t have had to wait for days for my old ones to dry out, battered as they were!

This is an ongoing review of these boots, I’ll keep you posted on how they hold up over the coming months, First impressions are good and I’d recommend these to anyone wishing to purchase a reasonable priced boot… let’s hope they’ll last the winter and for years to come….

Here’s one of Danner’s adds on their American site, thought you might like it!!!

A full range of Danner boots are available from Rig Equipment Birmingham.

Technical spec for these boots:Danner Pronghorn GTX 8" camohide.

Also if you do order a pair from Rig, please quote 'the hunting life' as your reference.. :good: details on their website.

Spec for mine...

Style: 42212

Upper: 2.0-2.2mm Waterproof Full Grain Leather and 1000 Denier Cordura

Outsole: Danner Predator TF

Bootie: GORE-TEX

Lining: Cambrelle Nylon

Insulation: None

Footbed: EVA

Midsole: Polyurethane

Features: TERRA FORCE Technology; CamoHide Leather; Aggressive Outsole

Construction: TERRA FORCE

Height: 8

Weight: 44 oz

Sizes: Men's 7-14D; 8-13EE; Half sizes to 12

Last: 850

That's not a bad boot. It's never going to keep you warm though. I've got the full leather insulated version and it's MILES better. For the money, get yourself a pair of Pro-Boots and they are the real deal. Mind you don't get the "new" pro-boots though ;)

That's not a bad boot. It's never going to keep you warm though. I've got the full leather insulated version and it's MILES better. For the money, get yourself a pair of Pro-Boots and they are the real deal. Mind you don't get the "new" pro-boots though  ;)

The Pro boots have had a good write up in this weeks CMW and for £50.00 seems reasonable. Pro boot tactical.

Which ones Craggy? The Pro Boots? They are the Army's cold and wet weather patrol boot and have done me right in the woods, in the snow in Austria, the outback of Oz and lasted a long old time. Never worn them in the dales though. What I wear at present is the Matterhorn Orion and they are the bollocks! Wore them in the Nevada desert and the rocks stripped the leather off completely yet they are still waterproof and warm as you like. They have that climate control "stuff" which means you don't get a sweat on should you be in say a desert. I've had them years and they've done some serious mileage and they are still holding up. 600g thinsulate and vibram soles.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Swansea my mate how did the boots do over the winter?

I've just ordered my new pair of Danners went to rigs shop in Brum Ray was very helpful and I chose a pair of

Danner Hoodwinter Lite 8" Item code 58900

Lightweight & robust hunting or fishing boot with standard eyelet & hook lacing system. Gore-Tex® waterproof liner with Vibram outer sole stitch down construction. 200g Thinsulate® insulation

Full grain leather uppers

Gore -Tex® Waterproof liner

Vibram Stitch down outer sole

200g Thinsulate® insulation

Order Code: 58900

Available in Sizes : UK 5½ ~ UK 14½ Including ½ sizes

Width fitting: Wm (Ladies) D (regular) or EE (wide)

Colour choices: Dark Tan

Cost 58900: £179.99

will let you know how I get on.

I had wellies and boots,prefer trainers :blink:

You can't think much of your feet then boy.

obviously you don't get up the fields much :whistle:

Wellies are ok if you ain't walking far ,trainers are for training in or the pub., you need a good pair of boots to look after your instep and ankles.

They're the "new" ones Jack. Get the old ones if you can as they are miles and away better.

http://www.sofmilitary.co.uk/military/index.htm

click on footwear and then "issue" and they are third ones down. Blinding boot they are.

WELL ............. I TOOK STABS ADVICE AND GOT A PAIR OF THE PRO BOOTS , AND IAM OVER THE MOON WITH THEM :good: ........... A LOT OF BOOT FOR THE PRICE , I PAID £ 49 FOR A BRAND NEW PAIR FROM FEILD AND FORCES IN BARNARD CASTLE , SO I SAVED £ 70 :D , SO I THEN WENT TO MY LOCAL FARM SUPPLIES AND BOUGHT A PAIR OF MUD GAURD NEOPRENE LINED WELLIES FOR £ 60 ................ EVEN HAD ENOUGH LEFT AFTER TO BUY A COUPLE OF PINTS OF GUINESS :D

THAT SHOULD BE ME SET UP FOR A WHILE :yes:

ALL THE BEST DUCKWING

I got a pair of Lechameau MOUFLON boots for the really cold wet days and cant foult them so far apart from they are a bit stiff and hardley any give in the soles witch makes my shins ake [bANNED TEXT] doing long distance on hard ground , very warm and dry though.

http://www.lechameau.com/lechameau/uk/default.asp

Got myself a pair of these for execiseing the dogs ' airgunning ect

http://www.fitnessfootwear.com/onlinestore...asp?prod=M82571

Impressed with them they are neoprene and very light if you do get wet they warm up ! and dry out on you in no time , really supportive and could go for miles in them . find myself wearing them out wenever conditions allow :good: Also do them in goretex for £5 extra :blink: