Sound Opperated Switch ????

hi all , I'm after a bit of help if there are any electronics experts on here , my problem is my hounds barking/howling at night , I don't live on site were they are kept so I cant stop them , they are kept indoors in pens , I have tried the high pitched bark stoppers to no avail so what my plan is to fit a garden water sprinkler the rotating type above the pens plumb it in to a electric water pump but my problem is I need a sound operated switch preferably adjustable that has a built in relay so that it will switch off afer a few seconds , I have searched ebay but nothing suitable , any ideas guys ?

• Like 2

one of the guys on here built some thing like a cracking job but I can't remember what he used to search for the post. Cost peanuts too using bits and bobs but he new what he was at

bit of luck he will see this thread and get back to me

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wall-PIR-Motion-Detector-Light-Switch-Security-Sensor-Voice-Sound-Activated-/301212932549?hash=item4621b099c5:g:--kAAOSwcnpTmV8~

I made my own setup, not sure if it was mine that the other guys are talking about but this is the switch i used along with a washing machine inlet valve

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380850964785?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Had to wire in a light aswell as the switch itself didn't create enough load to make the switch work properly (would switch off after timeout)

It's so simple to make, i'm not a sparky but i sussed it.

• Like 1