First fox to ground with my BEDLINGTON

I'm going to post this on the Bedlington thread that I started but thought it was worthy of inclusion on it's own.

Took the dog's out this morning for a stroll, went to a gulley where I knew there had been a litter earlier this year.

The dog's bushed one straight away taking it up the gulley and away.....

I push through the thick cover, hands and knees job for 5 mins anyways I get to the clearing and no sign of the terriers, can see the Lurcher hovering around further up the bank.

:clapper: a new earth at the bottom of a bank, Barney the big dog (Lurcher* Bedlington) is marking one hole, Jack the Bedlington is trying for all his worth to get in the other.

I grab Jack, lead him and the border pup up. Had a listen for Milly, she's in there digging on.

Barney marking the bottom hole...

Jack marking top hole, before I get him out and leaded up.

I get down to business, have a listen I can hear Milly pushin on, give her some time and let her do her own thing :good: after about 10 mins I can hear her bayin, not for long though as she was mixing it with her quarry.

I had no shovel, my phone had just packed in so I couldn't ring my brother to bring the tools. Sit and wait job, sounded like she was doing O'k, grunting and pumping didn't want to spoil it or her, she sounded fine.

:realmad: The fecking border wouldn't shut up, Jack spent his time trying to shag it as it's the firt time I've taken her out with me (not mine)..

After what seemed like a long time 20 mins or so I can hear Milly getting closer, then out she comes.....

Milly coming out ...

Where is the fox, her nose is peppered, where's the fox :cry: Might heart sunk...

She wants to go back in... all wound up an all... so I let her... she only goes in about three foot and she's tugging away... wtf...

1 min later she's pulling out a dead (very dead) fox....

1st fox, single handed and drawn, guess what boys''' I'm feckin chuffed'''''

Had to put my camera down then....

Milly coming out ...

Where is the fox, her nose is peppered, where's the fox  :cry:  Might heart sunk...

She wants to go back in... all wound up an all... so I let her... she only goes in about three foot and she's tugging away... wtf...

1 min later she's pulling out a dead (very dead) fox....

1st fox, single handed and drawn, guess what boys''' I'm feckin chuffed'''''

Had to put my camera down then....

nice one[ jack] works just like that one of mine[ milly] i them milly dogs take some beating.on the red ones that is

Nice one,always best to go out unprepared and with the mobile not working,you can almost guarantee finding something to ground :D (does for me anyway).

Hope she keeps up the good work,dont look like you will be digging to many live ones with her.