Scottish Airgun Licence

Well what can be said been shooting airguns for 35 36 years applied with a couple mates that have shot for years as well only 1 out of the 3 of us that put our application in before the 31 October dead line received it before the 1 of January spoke to one of the guys in the airgun team and he reckons they have 5 thousand applications there hopeing to have delt whit before the end of January but that's a lot of guys that have tryed to stay on the right side of the law could be breaking it through no fault of there own

well a lot of [people i know up the north east wont apply,i would my self not worth getting a pull for a air rifle,stupid laws when you can go and buy a cross bow that will do much more damage then any air gun will do

• Like 2

well a lot of [people i know up the north east wont apply,i would my self not worth getting a pull for a air rifle,stupid laws when you can go and buy a cross bow that will do much more damage then any air gun will do

You're absolutely spot on :yes:

I was looking at crossbows recently - you can pay less than £300 for a compound bow that will fire a 20" 100gn bolt at almost 400fps. You can order as many bolts and broadheads as you want and .......... they'll deliver it directly to your door :o

It's mental when you consider the restrictions on pellet guns :rolleyes:

Its crazy but if you have a shotgun or rifle you dont have to apply till that certificate runs out but theres no many folk applying for the licence its going the way of snaring only the few that want to stay legal will get the licence

It is crazy there is not much thought went into it if u stay south of the border u will need a liesince to shoot up here but a don't need one to shot down ur way so if guys fae Scotland came down to England could they buy an airgun form ur shops ? Don't see any reason why not ?

I got till my certs run out them im going to have to apply for a licence for my airguns then are they going to say why do you need 4/5 in the same calibre its just another pain in the ass trying to stop folk doing what there legally entitled to do like snaring

Ive got to laugh all year every two weeks i go lamping at my work ive to log on get a police number and when i phone 101 i must get the snottiest cow in the office and at times it feels like when was the last time you went to the bog was one of her questions so i always ask why all the questions and im just asking whats on my screen sir answer them and we will get on quicker

so what gun are you using?

whats your licence number ?.

Dont need a licence till 01/01/2017

went last week and she didnt ask for my certificate number after i dug out my continous cert so shes still a cow :laugh::laugh::laugh:

• Like 1