27Th December

Took a trip out just after Xmas with the lurcher, only her 2nd outing and coming on well.

No missed marks, no false marks... Every egg a bird!

Worked well around the nets and she is starting to look like she actually knows what she was bred for!

Mabel is one of the pups from (rew) fly's 2015 litter

https://youtu.be/gb27x9_7f1w

I've decided to kick off a channel for my ferreting and shooting trips plus a few other closely related bits and pieces, new videos may be a little slow coming through at first while I tinker and play about with different software but I'd appreciate any feedback.

She's making all the right noises thankfully, and seems to have the instinct and steadiness for it. A couple of times she took half a step to a net when she saw it moving only to stop as soon as she noticed t was a ferret, she hasnt bothered with them at all and is starting to keep her head down and follow them too which I'm really apply about.

the main reason she has only been out twice despite being about 18 months old now is that she is an absolute 'see you next Tuesday' on recall - usually because she's got her nose to the ground and she is more interested in following a scent and risking a slapped arse when she eventually comes back!

Using the vibrate function on a cheap shock collar has done wonders for the recall because it just irritates her and she now associates not coming back with her neck vibrating so I'm sticking with it while she is off the lead even though she didn't really need it. Its like a safety net I suppose!

• Like 1

Leave the nets off , she's called a running dog for a reason, good luck :thumbs:

You'd probably never catch a rabbit on that farm if you didn't net it! (especially with one dog!)

There is more hole than ground along some of the hedges and the bunnies just bounce hole to hole and never properly bolt.