Probably Been Done To Death.

16 years ago me and I lad I worked with bought a pair of terriers of a lad who was packing in a big strong Lakeland dog and a border Lakeland bitch for £250 the pair these dogs had been talked up by men who come beating for us they were the dogs bollocks we got them with a 2 week trial lucky for us we work on a very foxy estate and snow with in a week, I had tracked a pair of foxes to a hole so I rang the lad I worked with he come down with the pair I dropped the strong dog in first he went in come straight out did that on every entrance, so we then tried the bitch she flew in baying away in seconds, he looked keen chained up hearing the bitch bay,I was gutted as the dog was to be mine he had some sign of work on him .anyway 10 mins went by she went quiet and out she come, we rang the trainee he fetched my old Russel down and we bolted dog dug the vixen! Next day we tracked another into a 2 eye earth tried the dog again went about a metre and backed out not Intrested so in with the bitch she flew in baying away and come out 15 minutes looking confused we had to get headkeeper to come up with his terrier to sort it, we took the 2 terriers back and told the lad what happened he always used the bitch to find then once she was baying let the dog in to kill the fox and the bitch would stay, never again will I buy others crap

I can see why the lad was packing in, I will be waiting for my pups in summer and hopefully they will be good ens

Problem is tho he still thought the terriers were good dogs, they were both culls but to an idiot that worked the pair together to get results they were the real deal! Everyone has different standards and like dilly said if they were any good mates or mates of mates would take them

Not everyone has mates that hunt.not one of my mates are into hunting i know one or two lads that hunt but they deff wouldnt be getting my dogs if i had to give up.

• Like 1

16 years ago me and I lad I worked with bought a pair of terriers of a lad who was packing in a big strong Lakeland dog and a border Lakeland bitch for £250 the pair these dogs had been talked up by men who come beating for us they were the dogs bollocks we got them with a 2 week trial lucky for us we work on a very foxy estate and snow with in a week, I had tracked a pair of foxes to a hole so I rang the lad I worked with he come down with the pair I dropped the strong dog in first he went in come straight out did that on every entrance, so we then tried the bitch she flew in baying away in seconds, he looked keen chained up hearing the bitch bay,I was gutted as the dog was to be mine he had some sign of work on him .anyway 10 mins went by she went quiet and out she come, we rang the trainee he fetched my old Russel down and we bolted dog dug the vixen! Next day we tracked another into a 2 eye earth tried the dog again went about a metre and backed out not Intrested so in with the bitch she flew in baying away and come out 15 minutes looking confused we had to get headkeeper to come up with his terrier to sort it, we took the 2 terriers back and told the lad what happened he always used the bitch to find then once she was baying let the dog in to kill the fox and the bitch would stay, never again will I buy others crap

I can see why the lad was packing in, I will be waiting for my pups in summer and hopefully they will be good ens

Problem is tho he still thought the terriers were good dogs, they were both culls but to an idiot that worked the pair together to get results they were the real deal! Everyone has different standards and like dilly said if they were any good mates or mates of mates would take them

Not everyone has mates that hunt.not one of my mates are into hunting i know one or two lads that hunt but they deff wouldnt be getting my dogs if i had to give up.

So you'd sell it to a stranger?

No mate hopefully id get a decent member off here to take them or my father in law would take my springer and the lurcher would be pts but things would have to be real bad before id even think about getting rid.

ts a hit or miss affair this one, if you know the said dogs and dug to them then you know what your getting but if not then your taking a man at his word. however, sometimes circumstances change very quickly in peoples lives through illness, divorce, or just packing it in, hopefully thats the dogs your buying that have been good, its the stranger that sells week in week out thats most likely gona pull the wool over your eyes. they use the usuall excuses for selling and the dogs have not got a mark on them. the shite on the merry go round needs pts not passed from pillar to post

• Like 1

Why in the mind would anybody want to get rid of a working terrier? They are the hardest things to come across in the hunting game. Any decent terrier lad would never get rid and a working terrier needs to be cherished in my opinion. And when I say working terrier I mean digging terrier.

ts a hit or miss affair this one, if you know the said dogs and dug to them then you know what your getting but if not then your taking a man at his word. however, sometimes circumstances change very quickly in peoples lives through illness, divorce, or just packing it in, hopefully thats the dogs your buying that have been good, its the stranger that sells week in week out thats most likely gona pull the wool over your eyes. they use the usuall excuses for selling and the dogs have not got a mark on them. the shite on the merry go round needs pts not passed from pillar to post

Think your right their will always be someone honest but outnumbered by the idiots

Why in the mind would anybody want to get rid of a working terrier? They are the hardest things to come across in the hunting game. Any decent terrier lad would never get rid and a working terrier needs to be cherished in my opinion. And when I say working terrier I mean digging terrier.

Hopefully one day I'll have one and know what you mean lol

Sorry if it's been asked before but anyone had much success with buying a older dog in? I've always gone for pups because I like having pups about the place but see a lot of folks asking for "dogs already doing the job"

An awful lot of useful terriers meet their end far to soon,some people are fortunate enough to replace them with another ready to go terrier.

Sorry if it's been asked before but anyone had much success with buying a older dog in? I've always gone for pups because I like having pups about the place but see a lot of folks asking for "dogs already doing the job"

An awful lot of useful terriers meet their end far to soon,some people are fortunate enough to replace them with another ready to go terrier.

I'll keep my eye out then ?