i called around a few butcher's whitch are local to me today and was told that it would be £3.95 per kg for a whole lamp or for a whole belly of pork just wonderd if this was an ok price or not ? i wanted the whole lamp as in liver kidney heart the lot id even have taken the head if they wouldav given me it but ust not sure what to ask for etc and would have thought i wouldav been given a price for the whole thing rather than per kg ??

what do you guy's think any advice would be great im in fife scotland so price's may be diff around the country but any advice would be good.

regards kris

well the missus said she was going shopping so popped down to the local slaughter house and picked up 18 ox hearts 20 ox livers 10 pigs heads and a large bag of marrow bones took them home and said this should keep you busy today and left her mincing ox hearts got to be better then shopping and it cost £10.63 saved me a packet :thumbs:

i called around a few butcher's whitch are local to me today and was told that it would be £3.95 per kg for a whole lamp or for a whole belly of pork just wonderd if this was an ok price or not ? i wanted the whole lamp as in liver kidney heart the lot id even have taken the head if they wouldav given me it but ust not sure what to ask for etc and would have thought i wouldav been given a price for the whole thing rather than per kg ??

what do you guy's think any advice would be great im in fife scotland so price's may be diff around the country but any advice would be good.

regards kris

ive been in the butchery biz for 20 yearsnever heard of a 'lamp'!thats the going rate at a butchers for belly,shop about and you should manage £2.00 per KG.try market butchers.

thanks guys the only problem is i dont drive anymore and the partner will be mid january till she is driving but ill maybe go threw to one of them then as ive got a huge chest freezer whitch is empty the now as there are no bloody rabbits about to ferret and the whippet aint been on the lamp yet tonight will change that hopefully .

that would be great [bANNED TEXT] , was out with the pup the nite never even got the chance to slip her they were all a bit lamp shy there were 8 in one field 4 on the golf course and 2 in another field gun wasnt working right hink its nakerd was shooting squirels with head shots and crows nae bother in the summer . seen brandon the night him n dillan n greg were up with us for a field then they had to go back down they were to noisy lol he was saying about the rabbits n that . going out on sunday so fingers crossed al get some gonna take the whippet for a look tae sick of her no dain anything . thats would be briliant like cheers :)

i meant lamb mate sorry , ill try the market at the weekend and see what they say , what do i ask for if i want a lamb cut up ? just how i just ses it ?

now if you have the freezer space the way to save nearly 70% on the cost of lamb and pork isto buy from the farmer direct and take to slaughter yerself! contact DEFRA for a holding number,tell them that you are only wishing to buy from market and streight to slaughter. i can buy a whole pig for £40.00 slaughter charges £12.00 so for under £60.00 i have £150.00 worth of pork,and by the time ive made hams,bacon,panccetta sausages brawn etc the total value is closer to £250.00!

not sure where the nearest slaughter house is to me and would i be able to take it to the slaughter house then get it back and have to butcher it my self or ?

idealy in a horse box,if you dont have one a high sided trailer will do with a tarp over the top.i usually pay someone i know to use their horse box with meat! the slaughter house will butcher the whole thing for about £20 ,as ime a butcher i usually just get mine back cut down the middle into 2 halves.