One In The Bag...

Gaz_1989

I was chatting to an old bloke on my mooch yesterday and he mentioned a little spot he's been walking that has got a few bunnys on. I've never walked it so told my little girl that we would check it out this morning.

We got up at 7 and had a brew before loading the dogs up and heading off. It was only half an hour away.

It was a nice bit of ground for bushing and the dogs were going mad as soon as we got there. My littleun kept pointing out piles of droppings and saying "there's rabbits here dad".

She has seen the lurchers catch a few and seen the busher bushing but she's never seen it all come together. Busher in, dogs waiting on the outside, rabbit bolt, lurchers chase. Until this morning anyway.

I saw a nice patch of cover and the brindle bitch was showing interest, so I told Ellie to shout the busher over and tell her to "get in". Which she did. It wasn't long before the busher was yapping and a rabbit flew out, straight over Ellies feet.

The brindle bitch couldn't have been positioned any better, she's really got the hang of this bushing now and just seems to know where to wait.

It was a good run but the rabbit just couldn't make it to the hedgerow before the brindle bitch mopped it up.

We walked for another 20 mins or so and saw some more similar action but ended the morning on just the one before heading back to the car.

Few pics...

3FB60526-3C54-4AF0-9C4A-001FCF6D78CD_zps

E1CD36DE-A3C2-4570-90C2-1A5516DCB5F4_zps

C68B0125-E121-46DC-A656-204D6C4DBE32_zps

1B7211AF-14C5-4050-A386-F82460B692D5_zps

• Like 14

Spot on gaz , I love threads with the young ones in nothing better than taking them out and showing them what it's all about ??

Cheers fella.

She's been out in the field for 4 or 5 years now mate. She shows me what it's all about these days. Haha.

Goes to show,bushers in lurchers on the OUTSIDE is the way,good sport atb

I think you've sussed it squab. Deffo the way.
il get there lol,long may your daughters interest continue it's great to see my own lad was bang on up for it till he got to 17,girls scooters and college put an end to it all unfortunately so good luck to her atb

Goes to show,bushers in lurchers on the OUTSIDE is the way,good sport atb

I think you've sussed it squab. Deffo the way.
il get there lol,long may your daughters interest continue it's great to see my own lad was bang on up for it till he got to 17,girls scooters and college put an end to it all unfortunately so good luck to her atb

Only time will tell. If she loses interest in a few years to come then I won't mind. You never know it might come back to your lad in years to come when he's settled down and got his own place etc.

• 1 year later...