Keeping the dogs warm

Guest lurcherlamper

Guest Ditch_Shitter

:icon_eek: F*uck me, Tomo! Can me and my lot move in with yours for the winter? We haven't got a Heat Lamp above our bloody bed! :notworthy:

So saying, I'd better get off and light that range presently .....

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you tried using a heat mat,the sort that is used for reptile aquariums?I am considering kitting my kennels with these as i believe they are safe and probably lower running costs if you choose the lowest

wattage that gives sufficient heat.They are waterproof and all you need to do is put some bedding over it,

secure the wire where the dog can't reach it,it can be wiped clean after a change of bedding!

Another type of heater is the tubular electric type,could be the 'bar heater'refered to in an earlier post,these are very good but they can get hot to the touch so must be out of reach or maybe boxed under the floor and i think they cost something like the equivalent of a standard light bulb.Or maybe a

ceramic heater type,there are some made for cars for defrosting etc;

Higgins.

maybe this is up your street....

Search Our Site

Toll Free:

877/231-7416

well the pics didn't show up with that,you'l have to go to the website.

888/685-4070

Home Pets With Paws Pets With Fins Pets With Hooves Pets With Feathers Pond Products Contact Us

SOLAR COMFORT PORTABLE FURNACE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your pet deserves a warm kennel, barn or basement this winter season! A warm pet is a happy, healthy pet. Now you can have one for only pennies a day.

Solar Comfort by Sun Cloud is the latest technology formulated by over 20 years of reliable safe heat that has been popularly known as the "Sun-Twin".

This Newest version now comes with the same technology and has the addition of 126 air venturi tubes to make Solar Comfort the most efficient and safest unit on the market today.

Solar Comfort is ideal for homes, apartments, cabins, mobile homes, recreational vehicles, boats, workshops, and animal or livestock enclosures.

Safe-No flames, fuel or fumes clothing or paper igniting.

No worries about children or pets being burned.

Appearance- Attractive enough that most people use it as a piece of furniture, (usually as an end table).

Convenient and clean. No film or soot. Uses clean electricity.

Portable--Moves easily from room to room on casters

QUICK FACT SHEET

Heats approx. 500-800 sq. ft.

1500 watts

5118 BTUs

Uses standard household current--110/120

12.8 amps

Fan--120 cfm

Cabinet - Oak Veneer w/ casters.3 year warranty--includes lamps

Patented System

ALLOW 2-3 WEEKS FOR DELIVERY

SOLAR COMFORT NOW ONLY $499.99

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DONT NEED THE CABINET?

If you are using this in the basement, garage or kennel there is no need for the pretty wood cabinet. Why not save

60 bucks and get a cabinetless unit?

CABINETLESS UNIT NOW ONLY $439.99

Home Canine Products Fish/Aquaria Products Equine/Large Animal Products Bird Products Pond Products Contact Us

Site Map

Last update 12/5/07

©1996-2006 North Coast Marines. All rights reserved.

Edited by higgins

We have a wooden kennel and run with galvanized mesh on the run, on the hatch from the kennel to the run we have a section of old carpet nailed over it and cut into strips to act as a door and minimise the draught.

Inside the kennel the dogs sleep on raised wooden beds off the floor, with old fleece rugs etc as bedding.

The walls and ceiling are lined in layers with tin foil, then foam underlay (like polystyrene tiles) and old carpet tiles nailed onto the top.

Not had any complaints; mind you I don't speak Woof.....

that looks very cozey ,is that a new dog tomo? looks a nice type ,what cross is it ?

good hunting

rew

its maxhardcores bitch, she is down here for a while wilst he recovers from a major back op.

her dam was C.NUTALS snowey ner sire was C.MOYES splodge

How do you keep your t hat are kenneled outside warm? Im looking for ways to improve the comfort for my dogs. Currently i've got shed with a square cut out the side with a run attached, i got a new pup which thought it was big and clever to piss and shit in side the shed. So today i put the kennel in the way of the square gap within the shed. I put a rubber sheet down to protect from damp and then stapled blankets to the roof and sides to further insulate. Then old clothes and sheets on top of the rubber to snuggle up to a bit more. The thing is, these keep getting damp so this must make it feel colder for the dogs. How do you go about stopping yours getting damp? Also how do you protect from the wind and rain? because now there right next to the hole so open to the elements. Might just be me being a big girl but its getting cold out :tongue2: and they have to sleep there.

So lets hear how you keep yours warm

John

I use an insulated box out of steel commercial garage door sections. You can get scrap ends from an installer for free. These are foam filled. I line with thin plywood. In the winter I use a 60 watt light buld spray painted black for a little heat and this also keeps the moisture out. I make a lid out of the same sections and put steel building corners on the sides and caulk them. They work great and hardly cost any $.

PICT0060.jpg

PICT0061.jpg

PICT0062.jpg

PICT0063.jpg

PICT0065.jpg

PICT0066.jpg

HUNT WELL!

Paul

BBPLOGO.gif

http://www.barnburnerpatterdales.com

Edited by barnburner
brick biult out house. bed 2 foot of the ground with duvets on. also heat lamp , wich just latly has not been off at all. i also have an upright fan heater in there if its realy cold.

you cant beet keeping them warm after they have been out working as mine have today.

heres a pic

coursing71207004.jpg

CHEERS TOMMO YOU GIVE ME A GOOD IDEA FOR MY KENNELS WITH THE HEAT LAMP :clapper:

• 2 weeks later...

mine are in a large shed with corridor sleeping section and runs attched loads of shreeded paper added to every night to keep it loose . old is burnt and fresh added every week end .sleeping boxes lined with carpet floors and sides . oil filled rad on timer 2hrs at nite to take the chill off and the damp at bay .the runs are shut off at night as are the vents .heat lamp for sleeping section if needed . spoilt little feckers :yes: