Anshutz 525

Hi All,

Purchased a second hand Anshutz 525 semi automatic off a matey use as a rough gun, it has a 10 round box mag which I thinks has a internal Spring mechanism which I think may be a little bit slack?

Only thinking this as it sometimes fails to load the next round, I am using Eley's which I think are a little bit soft anyway, so would wear and tear around the muzzle(slight entry grooving on the barrel chamber) or would it be the internal lift Spring on the mag be the problem?

Advice would be great, thanks all

Walshie's right, I have had two anshutz seml auto's and they are good guns, the older one was the best/ most accurate in my opinion,but ammo temperamental, inside the clip it's a long thin spring, they can rust and bind to the inside of the clip, give it a good clean, if you get into the action, watch that bolt return spring its long, and a twat to refit, I drilled a hole in the guide pin, then threaded the spring on, and held it in place, with a peice of wire pushed through the coils, and into the hole, doing that made strip down and rebuild a doddle

Edited by 3175darren

Had a 525 for years, (got a Sako Finnfire Varmint bolt now) the bottom of your mag is plastic, slide it off drop the 'guts' out and clean the lot thoroughly

that will help if it's been left in-cleaned and uncared for, stretch the spring if it's a bit tired..

However mine was a 'jam-up queen' , didn't like sub-sonics, best brand for me were RWS when they had the silver plated cases, (brass now, crap).

Make sure the slides are spotless, lightly lubed and you might get by, that said mine was VERY accurate (when it worked), it was my last and best

Semi-auto, long barrel, well made and if used with HV Velocitor nothing would touch it.

Good luck with it!

I have had two of these rifles and neither of them jammed once. It must be a fault with the magazine, as said strip and clean thoroughly. It is correct that the large machine screw underneath holds the barrel in place and when removed the barrel just slides forward and out.

• Like 1

I have had two of these rifles and neither of them jammed once. It must be a fault with the magazine, as said strip and clean thoroughly. It is correct that the large machine screw underneath holds the barrel in place and when removed the barrel just slides forward and out.

Were you using eley extra-waxys?

Were you using eley extra-waxys?

I have used a few eleys but the vast majority have been winchester 40 or 42 grn subs.

Ianm, I have purchased Winchester sub sonics, waiting for my cleaning kit to arrive before I send a few through the gun...hopefully well cleaned and oiled should give me the desired effect.

Invested in a great set of scopes to top it off I hope?

• 2 months later...