A Welsh Let Off

The autumn tests are a double edged sword IMO. I like them because I love international rugby and it's a big gap to wait between Six Nations tournaments, on the other hand they are friendlies and the players here are half way through seasons with their respective clubs and there are important games to be played. The fact that these games fall outside the designated international dates don't help with the club vs country arguments either..

The autumn tests are a double edged sword IMO. I like them because I love international rugby and it's a big gap to wait between Six Nations tournaments, on the other hand they are friendlies and the players here are half way through seasons with their respective clubs and there are important games to be played. The fact that these games fall outside the designated international dates don't help with the club vs country arguments either..

Mal they are not friendlies, there are ranking points on offer for every game. Remember the debacle at the last word cup where Australia, England and Wales were drawn in the same group, well unless Wales up their rating the same will happen again, because the rankings for the draw are taken two years previous to the world cup and if Wales are not in the top 8 they will be classed as a second tier team again.

TC

Mal they are not friendlies, there are ranking points on offer for every game. Remember the debacle at the last word cup where Australia, England and Wales were drawn in the same group, well unless Wales up their rating the same will happen again, because the rankings for the draw are taken two years previous to the world cup and if Wales are not in the top 8 they will be classed as a second tier team again.

TC

Well if they're that important the IRB needs to step in and make sure the clubs release their players for them then.. The players are coming into the squad in dribs and drabs, it's shite preparation.. They need the whole squad together, training as a unit.

TC

Well if they're that important the IRB needs to step in and make sure the clubs release their players for them then.. The players are coming into the squad in dribs and drabs, it's shite preparation.. They need the whole squad together, training as a unit.

This year with a deal with the RFU all Welsh players that Play in England were released for the first test which is outside the test window. All other tests are within the window so they have to release them. The sad part is no matter how much time they have in camp they will never be as good as the sum of their parts being coached by clueless morons (and not the carrots) that are stuck with a game plan from 5 years ago.

The reason we played as we did yesterday is because the coaches are totally incapable of devising a game plan that is original and works.

TC