Your First Coursing Dog.

Just looking over old threads and looking back at how many great dogs where in country Durham. I used to talk to to a man walking his Salukis not having a clue who it was until years later and started to get into coursing and everyone talking about cruise lines. Then I got my first coursing pup bred out of sniper.

What was your first coursing dog breed out of?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought I lost all my old pics found this one today. Fettle X smokey = pettle Pettle X c Yorks Wilkie

Thought I'll up load a few pictures of cruise seems he got measioned abit. And In the picture with the two dogs in is cruise and cruise junior

The first 'coursing type' dog I owned was a bitch called tilly, my mates dad bred her from there well bred pure saluki dog, Jackson to there Lurcher nip. Nip was meant to hold a good amount of saluki

Posted Images

The first 'coursing type' dog I owned was a bitch called tilly, my mates dad bred her from there well bred pure saluki dog, Jackson to there Lurcher nip. Nip was meant to hold a good amount of saluki blood but it certainly wasn't visible in her. She was a 25tts, strong, rough coated brindle & white pied bitch. When I went to view them there were only the one pup left out of quite a large litter. The pup that was left was a ringer for the mother and I was made up, but as it happened I saw the pup they'd decided to hold back for them selves. She was a lovely rough red bitch & After a lot of persuasion I talked them into letting me take her instead. She was absolutely wild for the 1st year. Drove me round the bend! one day she'd love me then the next she would hate me for no reason. She accounted for a lot of game over her time. she was a brilliant boxer like her mother, Not the most classy to watch work & not amazing at anything by any means, but I can't think of anything she was bad at. unfortunately she met an untimely end in the field at the age of only 7. It hurt a lot when she passed over as she wasn't just a worker but a best friend. I miss her almost every day still now. I don't think I'll ever have another like her.

4764EFFF-3415-45DD-B9DB-AC8583E5EDDE_zps

The first 'coursing line' dog I owned was from scruff x Meg. He is heavy bred merlin x eve & rebel x eve on both sides and has quite an impressive pedigree. You know some of this line v.well Craigo ?

How is your bitch by scruff coming along LPD?

Oh & one last one just for the crack, the first dog I ever coursed with, was a lakey x whippet lol was the Gamest little dog ever... had some great times with him, 'twas of coarse before the ban :-(

• Like 4