Has Anybody Taken A Uk Dog Down Under To Hunt?

Just reading the EBT thread and wondered if anybody from the uk has ever taken their dog down under or to the Us and hunted pigs/hogs? I enjoy reading about the dogs they use and wonder how our dogs would fair? With the proper gear, vests etc. I no a few lads from here did Germany a couple years ago and the dogs did well from what I remember?

$1500 aud for ten days quarantine is a lot of cabbage! I would love to see some of the dogs I have seen on thl working anywhere in the world but especially here in Oz. I have heard of people importing parsons,patterdales, gwp and jagdterriers from Europe with great success and catahoulas from the USA but I would love to see some of the good coursing dogs working over here. I have always thought a big strong fast type like razor would really suit my needs, but razor would suit many terrains and hunters needs! I would love to hear any stories of hunting dogs brought over here, running dogs or other.

• Like 2

$1500 aud for ten days quarantine is a lot of cabbage! I would love to see some of the dogs I have seen on thl working anywhere in the world but especially here in Oz. I have heard of people importing parsons,patterdales, gwp and jagdterriers from Europe with great success and catahoulas from the USA but I would love to see some of the good coursing dogs working over here. I have always thought a big strong fast type like razor would really suit my needs, but razor would suit many terrains and hunters needs! I would love to hear any stories of hunting dogs brought over here, running dogs or other.

Why don't you get a few English bred over there and test them out for yourself? What are you running atm?

Why don't you get a few English bred over there and test them out for yourself? What are you running atm?
I have a bull arab male only for pigs, a saluki x staghound bitch and a saluki x whippet bitch. I also use a parsons and a little jack russell bitch as a bushing / flushing type. Bar the bull arab and jr the rest have barely been worth feeding but for now I still have hope.
  • Like 1

I hunt rabbit, fox, hare and pigs. Other quarry like goat and deer I shoot. But any dog I am interested in would have to be capable of hare as there are good rabbit, fox dogs here but not too many hare dogs I hear of.

re your hares the same as ours do you think?