• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Borrowed a 99 once, from a superb friend, was an imp in fact, made a simlair sound, nothing like what I imagine you describing... but it' was up there in terms of performance. Quite literally one of t

Rez iv tried to keep it as oldschool as possable in appearence without its "horrific querks" but still kept it's look as I remember my old HW85 that created so many great childhood airgunning memories

it was bloody cold this morning, it might be one of the plastic preload washers has gone! plastic/delrin gets brittle as feck when its freezing

Think you have a point rez. Suppose I could use it an an opertunity to learn another gun inside out (the 85 was crazy simple - Just a lot of elbow grease polishing very tough metal!)

1 month? Yeah? :)

Think you have a point rez. Suppose I could use it an an opertunity to learn another gun inside out (the 85 was crazy simple - Just a lot of elbow grease polishing very tough metal!)

The 85? If so.... of course!

Ok, up for that. Is it working and back together?

Tom. I've had this from a new standard 99. What happened was the spring was loose in the piston plus the shoe was a little big. So I fitted a piston sleeve to stop the spring contorting and used fine grade (1200) wet and dry to gently remove just enough from the shoe to stop it rubbing on the sleeve. I had the same issue with an older .177 99 too. Same fix. I'd have a go yourself your clearly capable.

• Like 1

Yep back together and shooting great!

Yep back together and shooting great!
Wing some images up... I'm guessing it's open sights? i know you have of it apart, but I'd love to see it all back together.

As an extra, my mrs parents kicked my arse about sending a rifle through the post 'legally'. I was basically... "shut the f*k up... did it get there safety?!... yes it did, now f*k off" :)

Thanks jonnie bravo iv been wondering about this too but thaught there would be some kind of piston sleve in there allready. I had to smooth a tiny bit off the cocking shoe on the 85 to stop it touching the sleeve but I never heared a sound like this I only noticed by firing a few shots and stripping again to check. Everything was in perfect order.

Here's a pic of it in together rez. Sorry it's only one iv got (off the thread) 20161104_192809_zpsko0gbh7k.jpg

Its not gonna be like your vglide piston but still very smooth!

Yep. I'd show that some game. Looks the bogs dollocks. Is it loud?

Here's a pic of it in together rez. Sorry it's only one iv got (off the thread) 20161104_192809_zpsko0gbh7k.jpg

Its not gonna be like your vglide piston but still very smooth!

Yep. I'd show that some game. Looks the bogs dollocks. Is it loud?
To be honest it isn't any louder than any standard hw springer but no twang. I diddnt want to take its retro look/feel away and get it screw cut and fit a hw mod.

Edit: iv only shot it in the garden from inside the garage where all my guns have sounded loud!

Good man. Like it. A lot. Love the fact you've kept the rear notch. Whenever your ready. It's not .177 is it? Not really my cuppa if it is. Men that like men shoot 177 springers :D

Only joking obviously.

• Like 1

Tom. I've had this from a new standard 99. What happened was the spring was loose in the piston plus the shoe was a little big. So I fitted a piston sleeve to stop the spring contorting and used fine grade (1200) wet and dry to gently remove just enough from the shoe to stop it rubbing on the sleeve. I had the same issue with an older .177 99 too. Same fix. I'd have a go yourself your clearly capable.

Did you use a home made delrin spring guide? I'll have a look inside it then at some point.

Good man. Like it. A lot. Love the fact you've kept the rear notch. Whenever your ready. It's not .177 is it? Not really my cuppa if it is. Men that like men shoot 177 springers :D

Only joking obviously.

Rez iv tried to keep it as oldschool as possable in appearence without its "horrific querks" but still kept it's look as I remember my old HW85 that created so many great childhood airgunning memories over my younger years which branched onto other areas of the sport. But you allways look back. As guns get more refined it seems we loose track of what we had and the good old guns that got us going and get used to the modern guns that spoil that. My personal feel is the 85 brings both parts of old nostalgic gun with better performance together! God I must leave wine alone.
  • Like 2