Jsb Monsters 25G Pellets

Hi Celyn, welcome to the forum.

With my coffee in one hand and my calculator in the other, the figures you have given give these results.

Pellet weight,- 25g.

Kinetic energy,- 30 ft/lbs.

Velocity will be - 735 ft/sec.

Why shoot at 70 meters Celyn ?

atb ( all the best)

They'll drop quicker than a thrown spud with those figures...

Good question Mark...

Celyn. You'll be giving so much holdover that you wont even be looking at the target :) Especially at 60-70 yards/metres.

• Like 1

I bought a tin of H&N Baracuda Match 21gr and a tin of Air Arms Diablo Field Heavy 18gr to try as these were strongly suggested for FAC guns and certainly Rapids. I will just keep buying and trying different pellets to find what works best.

I really would like to test FAP 13.4gr but advised that they can melt in the barrel at FAC fps which is a pity because they would fly so flat and still have more than enough punch for any quarry I want to shoot.

Phil

As above, too heavy for 30ftlb, ok at closer ranges, but those sort of distances are past the useable range for them imo.

Philpot, we tried FAP in a rapid at 27ftlb and found they were as wild as a bucking bronco, couldn't get any sort of grouping, could just be the fire in question as I have found them to be one of the better pellets usually.

• Like 1

I try to get as close as I possibly can Celyn.

If I`m stuck for cover, or concealment I will shoot to a maximum of 50 yards, (not meters) on a very still day but consider this a rare day.

Usually around 35 yds for me - either calibre on open shooting.

Through spindle branches/ woods, .177, purely for the much flatter trajectory .

atb

I would have to answer that at a later date because I have only just picked up my .22 FAC last Sat then been on holiday for a week. Not even fitted a scope as yet so no range time and no idea what will be an average shooting distance but looking at my perm, I would say 25-50mt and to be quite honest I don't think 50mts will be on the cards that much.

Whatever the distance, it will be nice to have some serious falling down power at my disposal.

phil