footpaths hunting and the law

i am 100% sure that working dogs,do not need a lead on footpaths or common land.

iff anyone can put me right on that feel free to do so

i should know beaing a keeper but i dont :icon_redface::thumbdown:

i think its a legal requirment if there are lambs or ground nesting birds i maybe wrong

its along those lines

[/quote

the law on common land does state no motor vehicles only horse drawn vehicles and carriages.

as for the right of way .

but what it should also say is all dogs must be kept on leads except working dogs,

an old law i think

There are .Green lanes foot pathes byways bridle pathes foot paths . all have different laws stating dogs and how they are controlled i think

[/quote

the law on common land does state no motor vehicles only horse drawn vehicles and carriages.

but what it should also say is all dogs must be kept on leads except working dogs,

an old law i think

and this does apply to fp's to and all other rights of way

but not public highways i think

[/quote

an old law i think

befour i go any further i`ll look in to it propley if i had my folder from collage 1yr theve not sent it to me i could tell you now.

[/quote

an old law i think

befour i go any further i`ll look in to it propley if i had my folder from collage 1yr theve not sent it to me i could tell you now.

look forward to hearing the legal answer cheers for your thoughts bull

Can I take a dog on a Public Right of Way?

Yes, a dog is considered a 'usual accompaniment' of a person on foot. Nonetheless this entitlement is confined to the line of the path and only exists whilst the dog is accompanied by its owner/ keeper. A trespass would be committed against the landowner if the dog is allowed to run off the definitive line of the path or if the owner/keeper stands at a gate and allows their dog to run free.

Must a dog be kept on a lead whilst on a Right of Way?

The law does not rule that a dog be kept on a lead whilst accompanied on a Public Right of Way. However, it does state that they must be kept under close control

http://www.cornwall.gov.uk/index.cfm?articleid=5837

Edited by Paid

Yes, a dog is considered a 'usual accompaniment' of a person on foot. Nonetheless this entitlement is confined to the line of the path and only exists whilst the dog is accompanied by its owner/ keeper. A trespass would be committed against the landowner if the dog is allowed to run off the definitive line of the path or if the owner/keeper stands at a gate and allows their dog to run free.

The law does not rule that a dog be kept on a lead whilst accompanied on a Public Right of Way. However, it does state that they must be kept under close control

looks like i better keep the dog within the boundries of the law but if any indescrepentcies did occur at least there is a resonable line of defence cheers for your input lads BULL

looks like i better keep the dog within the boundries of the law but if any indescrepentcies did occur at least there is a resonable line of defence cheers for your input lads BULL

http://www.btinternet.com/~bta.wga/rochfor...otpath_law.html

http://www.naturenet.net/law/dogs.html

http://www.bopcris.ac.uk/bopall/ref9590.html

ho[pe this helps

if it were me it would most likely be a foot path that wasnt often used and id know most of the people on it so if my dog happend to take of after a big rabbit then it would most likely be when no one was around so would just get rid of it since it was an accident and no use to me id most likely have a big jacket on and it would be away before anyone saw anything anyway . if you know every one and it happend to be seen then shouldnt see why anyone would report it unless it was some silly just the wrong side of 50 year old woman with a couple of toy dogs and a mouth to go with there barks lol and then what proof would there be ? it was a rabbit sir im working very hard on him and i thought i was getting somewhere but every now and then he will take of after a rabbit whitch i then release when the dog is leashed as for some reason he is very soft in the mouth and must just think its a game ?? sure there would be some way round it :)

I belive that if you try to call the dog off, then your defense is stronger.

Which is ok with mine, as he can not be called off :D anything he is chasing :whistling:

Only problem is, shouting a lot can attract more attention, that you might not of got without shouting.

Depends really if theres actually some one about.