footpaths hunting and the law

found some ideal ground of the beaten track with legal footpaths covered with hare whilst walking one dog off the lead through the designated path what if hare went up and dog accidently coursed it and caught it would there be a defence if this occured in front of a wittness, just a thought

found some ideal ground of the beaten track with legal footpaths covered with hare whilst walking one dog off the lead through the designated path what if hare went up and dog accidently coursed it and caught it would there be a defence if this occured in front of a wittness, just a thought
i all ways thought u had to have dog on lead on public footpath :hmm:
i all ways thought u had to have dog on lead on public footpath :hmm:

unless they are working dogs ;)

im sure that's what the law says anyway.

As far as i know your not aloud to ride a push bike on a FP your only aloud whell barrows ans dogs on LEADS dogs should be kept on leads at all times ...............i know its silly but thats the law and i know were all law obiding citezens (HUNTERS) :haha:

:D:blink:

As far as i know your not aloud to ride a push bike on a FP your only aloud whell barrows ans dogs on LEADS dogs should be kept on leads at all times ...............i know its silly but thats the law and i know were all law obiding citezens (HUNTERS) :haha:

:clapper::D:D

would it be any sort of defence if your dog slipped its coller,on this legal footpath and luckly ther was another walker or two who wittnessed the regretful fact that your dog did slip his coller and you did not slip him

i am 100% sure that working dogs,do not need a lead on footpaths or common land.

iff anyone can put me right on that feel free to do so

i have been on local land on public footpath and game keeper allways spouting on about keeping dogs on leads :wallbash:
i am 100% sure that working dogs,do not need a lead on footpaths or common land.

iff anyone can put me right on that feel free to do so

i should know beaing a keeper but i dont :icon_redface::thumbdown:

i think its a legal requirment if there are lambs or ground nesting birds i maybe wrong

would it be any sort of defence if your dog slipped its coller,on this legal footpath and luckly ther was another walker or two who wittnessed the regretful fact that your dog did slip his coller and you did not slip him

I`ll find out for you the proper law if i can find it some where un less its gone walk abouts and the doga found it :haha:

i should know beaing a keeper but i dont :icon_redface::thumbdown:

[/quote

the law on common land does state no motor vehicles only horse drawn vehicles and carriages.

as for the right of way .

but what it should also say is all dogs must be kept on leads except working dogs,

an old law i think