Qrm On Yukon Photon

Is it possible to use the same yukon photon on 2 different rifles with quick release mounts, i no the POI,windage and elevation would be different on each rifle, but if you made a note of each one once zeroed in, would this work ? do any of you shooters do this ? if so what mounts do you use ?

I use my Photon on three different rifles ....... .22LR, .17 Hornet and .223. No problems whatsoever with POI shift. Just make sure that you use GOOD picatinny rails and QR rings.

As Darren says ......

1) Zero the rifle and record the X & Y coordinates.

2) Always mount the scope on the same position on the rail each time.

3) Always apply the same amount of pressure when securing the rings to the rail.

How good are they on a 233.

i shot two foxes last week with mine, one at 40 yards the other at around 140 yards, in truth mine is good but needs more magnification, I think 200 yd is maximum for a accurate shot, I like mine for sitting out and waiting on dusk, I originally bought it to stick on my 22 hornet, but found I used the hornet too much in day light, so mounted it on my Remi 223, you can pick things up at a serious distance depending on the conditions, very good for lamp shy foxes, and I think that's where the benefit is for me,by the time you have bought one, bought the reach forward mount, fit a picatinny rail, bought a doubler to add magnification, saying that I haven't found one for my 6.5, the price mounts up, however you can take foxes out to near 200 yards, and you have enough visibility to ensure how safe the back stop is, I found it awkward to set it up, but I will say that was my fault, I had to get used to using it, and now I find I get better every time I use it.

Quality quick release picatinny mounts set up on any rifle with a picatanny rail and you will be fine - as already said above, keep a note of your X/Y settings for each gun you'll use the Photon on and make sure you secure in the same place each time etc and it will do the job for you... :thumbs:

I use my Photon on an LR and also on a WMR and just change the X/Y windage and elevation settings each time - I write down the settings on a small piece of paper, then take a photo and keep it in my phone...

You remove the original Photon lens and replace it with a camera lens. An adapter is required to marry both together. There are loads of threads on the NV Forum UK about the conception and how we reached the final article. Here are some of my earlier videos -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMYrMgsRIHw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Urj8uh8azQI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okhzbfyDBjQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG63DS7-6tc

:thumbs:

You remove the original Photon lens and replace it with a camera lens. An adapter is required to marry both together. There are loads of threads on the NV Forum UK about the conception and how we reached the final article. Here are some of my earlier videos -

them vids make mine look crap, I think I need to join that forum, even the day shots are a lot better, I have to have the lens cover on, and turn the brightness right down, and still get crap imagery, it is good at night though, but not as crisp as yours.

Yeah, fair play I find mine so easy to use and reliable. One of the big advantages of the unit is that you can use the aperture on the camera to control the amount of light hitting the sensor. My Nightmaster is on full punch all the time and I just tweak the aperture to fine tune the amount of light required for the shot.

It cost me around £400 in total, including the Photon. I'll never knock the Drone Pro as it an excellent piece of kit, but I could never justify spending almost £2k on an NV scope. Not for my needs anyway. ;)

them vids make mine look crap, I think I need to join that forum, even the day shots are a lot better, I have to have the lens cover on, and turn the brightness right down, and still get crap imagery, it is good at night though, but not as crisp as yours.
do you have it focused properly,i have to focus mine different for night to daytime use i use an add on ir its a cheap t67,it cost me 25 quid i can see foxes easily at 350 yards in the dark ,they take a bit of getting use to but just persevere and you will get there,wf

do you have it focused properly,i have to focus mine different for night to daytime use i use an add on ir its a cheap t67,it cost me 25 quid i can see foxes easily at 350 yards in the dark ,they take a bit of getting use to but just persevere and you will get there,wf
I have a T50 on mine with ir pill but I don't use it that often, don't particularly need it, I use mine mainly for ambushing on my own, it is getting easier to use each time I take it out , but I think we always look to improve, and I am interested in night vision stuff, I think it's all I need, as in I am same as Tremo, I couldn't warrant paying a couple of grand for night vision, and generally I am happy with it, it does make the gun heavy which is a real bind for me as my backs knacked ,