A Week Near The Water

Apart from the bells do you use any finders in case they stay down to long or come across a group of babies?

Thanks mate. yea once she finds her feet properly she will be pretty good, She is doing everything asked of her atm ,only going to get better, tough as nails no hint of any injury even on rough hard ground, takes the skin off her knuckles and just keep going, turns on a dime and speed to burn.

I do have a finder and put it on a buck that stays with them when the jills lie up, that being said it hasn’t happened since last summer a long wait for me is ½ an hour the Jills will usually kill them and come out occasionally I get an hour or so wait not often

Good to hear thats what you want out of a working dog and I'm sure ill meet zip and the brown one when i come to pick up those jill kits when there ready.all mine are generally good but i have one jill now that stays down for ages and I've had to dig her out twice {luckily the soil was soft} I'm a bit apprehensive to take her out now.

Good to hear thats what you want out of a working dog and I'm sure ill meet zip and the brown one when i come to pick up those jill kits when there ready.all mine are generally good but i have one jill now that stays down for ages and I've had to dig her out twice {luckily the soil was soft} I'm a bit apprehensive to take her out now.

How old is she ? Another month or so and the ground will be like a rock in most places, be no digging then I try to keep 1 ferret that stays with them usually as a rule I get rid of them more trouble than they are worth good to have one in winter.

I will let you know when the kits drop I only bred 2 jills this year and only one took lucky it was my best jill she is fat as looks like a gut full and is a great mum. I got my young buck vasectomised after I thought they were both in not to worry Im only keeping 2 for myself.

She dropped them last nite not sure how many, I leave them alone for the first couple of weeks as long as mum sticks her head out to feed its all good, from the noise thats coming out of there sounds like plenty

that one female that stays down for ages is a bout 2yrs of age and seems to just do her own thing regardless i won't be taking her out over the summer months as ill need an excavator to get her out. As for your litter hope all things go well mate and id like to pick up 3 gills like we spoke about quiet a while ago but just depends what you end up with.cheers pete

I remember crossing that Murray river when we drove from Adelaide , to Sydney ,,,about two hours out of Adelaide ,,we crossed the river,,,I remember either side of that a20 to mildura,,,it was flat and I could see warrens as far as I could see either side of the road,,,this went on for miles and miles

Would have loved to have hunted it,,,,I did do some ferreting about a 100 k south of Sydney with a lad that was on here years ago..

Great little thread,,and some nice hunting and fishing you had,,,keep them coming

• Like 1