Nature's Wierdest Events.

Brilliant programme last night if anyone saw it. They discovered some frozen Cave Lion cubs that were some 300,000 year old with soft tissue and fur fully preserved.

The Chinese scientists say they are lookin to clone the creatures, obviously they wont be pure Cave Lions as they need a living host. I personally think they should be left alone.

I believe they must have died due to a catastrophe as they inhabit places where other big cats roam today....

• Like 2

As that the programme that cwiss packtwat presents? I just can't bring myself to watch it for that reason lol... As for the clone cave lion from my understanding it would be 100% cave lion it's a clone... The mother whatever species of lion would just be a surrogate... I think anyway :hmm:

• Like 2

As that the programme that cwiss packtwat presents? I just can't bring myself to watch it for that reason lol... As for the clone cave lion from my understanding it would be 100% cave lion it's a clone... The mother whatever species of lion would just be a surrogate... I think anyway :hmm:

That sounds about right! Depends if it's 100% clone or if they'll have to use an unfertilised egg / sperm off a modern species.

I'm not a scientist so wouldn't know! Sounds interesting though. How long before we can implant a V-Raptor into Nicola Sturgeon? She's such a c**t the raptor wouldn't stand a chance!!

• Like 1

Don't think it works like that does it??

I'm sure it would be a hybrid of the two which is defeating the object imo....

Edited by DogFox123

They remove the DNA from the egg and implant the cave lion/whatever DNA in its place. Then it goes in the surrogate.... there is speculation of host DNA entering into the mix drinking incubation ;)

So no pure Cave Lion then?

Woolly Mammoth Clones Closer Than Ever, Thanks to Genome Sequencing

http://www.livescience.com/51424-woolly-mammoth-genome-sequenced.html

Edited by DogFox123