Hello

My name is Paul, i am 20 years old and i am from Grimsby in Lincolnshire.

I have recently had an interview for a Gamekeeping Apprenticeship at Bishop Burton college in Yorkshire and I have been offered a place so long as i can find employment but being in the north east Lincolnshire area Gamekeepers seem to be few and far between, i have contacted the major local estate (brocklesby estate which is owned by the Earl of Yarborough) and some smaller estates ran by farmers and the only replies i seem to be getting are "we aren't looking to employ anyone else" which is fair enough but also rather disappointing but hey, what can you do.

I am posting here to see if there are any people out there that may know someone that could take me on or actually take me on themselves in or around the Grimsby area?(30 mile radius)

I have experience in:

- organised shoots as I was a beater at my local shoot (no gamekeeper, it is ran by volunteers)

- pest control as I often shoot pigeons and rabbits for the local farmer.

- Handling rifles and shotguns

I can drive so transport is no problem. I am looking to work within a 25-30 mile radius of Grimsby.

The employer has a possibility of gaining a £1500 grant if they take me on which is provided by the college (the government have the final say however as it goes through them + Terms and conditions apply)

I am willing to do trial runs

I can do voluntary work to gain experience.

If there is anyone out there that will be able to help me it would be more than appreciated.

If anyone has any offers or information then please contact me via my email - Pldiplock@gmail.com

good 1st post, but i think paul, you might have to travel ,or live in a different location . you tried in your area with no luck, so if you really want this type of work , you prob have to go where the jobs are in the UK .It would have been nice on your door step , but i think you have to look else where . hope you drop lucky mate

• Like 1

good 1st post, but i think paul, you might have to travel ,or live in a different location . you tried in your area with no luck, so if you really want this type of work , you prob have to go where the jobs are in the UK .It would have been nice on your door step , but i think you have to look else where . hope you drop lucky mate

I would if I could believe me haha, trouble is I have no money, I can nip across the Humber into Yorkshire if there were placements there, could only really travel in a 30 mile radius in my area. There are estates and small syndicates around me it's just that they are found via word of mouth rather than online. Got a few friends asking around for me who attend these shoots but other than that I am in the dark.