Bisley Today

1000 yard shoot today, bit windy but fun, 5 x V-Bulls out of my 10 shots after 2 sighters!

My club is fortunate to have a Team GB shooter who is already looking forward to the Canada Tour next year, there is no doubt that using one of his rifles is quite useful.

The trigger is very light as you can imagine, but even I managed 5 down the throat with a rifle/scope/trigger I'm not used to!

For reference, this is 1000Yards....

post-10759-0-80849300-1471799242_thumb.jpg

This is the target section enlarged, just high and left of centre of pic above.

post-10759-0-96398000-1471799316_thumb.jpg

Few of the others on 1000 yards today, including a few Black Powder.

post-10759-0-36926400-1471799380_thumb.jpg

Then, just for fun I ended up behind this on the way home, I think it's the first time I have seen a McLaren on the road. Anyone know which one it is?

post-10759-0-58894800-1471799458_thumb.jpg

Cheers

• Like 2

What was you shooting with Deker?

post-10759-0-27334500-1472401368_thumb.jpg

This beastie, broadly a custom build and .308!

It belongs to our Clubs Team GB shooter, and I believe I am correct in saying he had it built somewhere in the midlands, Nightforce on top, and I think most of us were using around 24x Mag!

:thumbs:

Edited by Deker
  • Like 2

Each to their own but i cannot get excited about target shooting at all or clays, in fact if they where the only reason i had to keep guns i would get rid of them.

Generally I'm with you there.

Even though I'm Secretary of a Home Office Approved Fullbore Club at Bisley, my main reason for target is zeroing for the field, hence why most of my target it 100 or 200 yards.

We tend to shoot the longer distances a couple of times a year, but I have to say there is a certain grin factor about a V-Bull at 1000 yards. Put another way, that is like a Roe headshot at 1000! (to stop the debate before it starts, I have never tried a Roe anything like that far.)

:thumbs:

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...