Walshies Hornet?

Yes, plenty of news but no gun.

i'm holding out for a new CZ. Edgars promised end of May, then June, then July. Apparently it will still be a "couple of weeks."

My RFD is trying to talk me into a Ruger 77 instead as he can get one in in a week but they are £300 more than the stupid CZ.

I'm sure it's worth the wait....or should i have considered another calibre? :whistling:

i'm holding out for a new CZ. Edgars promised end of May, then June, then July. Apparently it will still be a "couple of weeks."

My RFD is trying to talk me into a Ruger 77 instead as he can get one in in a week but they are £300 more than the stupid CZ.

I'm sure it's worth the wait....or should i have considered another calibre? :whistling:

.338 Lapua :thumbs:

It's wild in Wales.

Its a long way on the works bike Czechoslovakia!

Wait, lots of complaints about re' the rugar!

U.

I was going to wait anyway as I've waited this long and to be honest another £300 on top for a gun that wasn't my first choice sticks in the throat a bit. What have you heard bad about the ruger?

They may be ok now but I recall hearing of some not being accurate at all.

Some had bad barrels. Barrels with tight spots and there was one with a tight throat!

I may be accused of talking nonsense and fair enough. There are lots out there that must be fine.

I never heard of a problem from cz other than stock/barrel interaction.

There is one modification I do recommend for the 527 action in hornet!

U.

Edited by Underdog

Yes .......... a .17 Hornet! :thumbs::yes::yes:

• Like 1

What modification mate?

Being a Mauser action it should be operated muzzle up. If not and accidentally push feeds a round plus the hornet being a rimmed round the claw extractor may not ride over the rim of the now chambered round and if it gets stuck you need a rod next.

It happened to me years ago so I shaped the bevel on the front of the claw so that it would if necessary ride over a chambered round.

?

I had to wait for nearly a year to get mine. When first ordered I was told two months, after two months I was told another two months, after that I was told that they (Edger Bros) could not give a date. On repeated enquiries I was told that CZ would/could not supply until they had a order of 100 units!!. Edger Bros had placed an order of, I think 9 units but they did not know if this order was the first of the 100 needed or that they had nearly made it to the 100. So, it could be a few more weeks or another 6 months. I too was offered a Ruger, but I wanted a CZ.

I then saw one on Guntrader brand new from a gunsmiths down south at £100.00 over list price. I bought it. It went against the grain to pay over the odds, but "Needs must, when the devil drives" Moral being: keep trying and do not accept anything other than what you want.

The CZ .22 Hornet ? Best rifle i have ever owned.

• Like 1

I weighed up all the pros and cons and I've waited this long, so another few weeks won't make any difference. I want a CZ. I want new. There's no other choice unfortunately. I know if i went for second hand or a ruger I'd be kicking myself - especially when you see the price of ruger mounts. :icon_eek:

you and your hornet threads are getting on par with Max and his Sunderland threads :laugh:

• Like 1