old wives tales

wouldnt mind hearing some "old wives tales" about huntng dogs and dogs in general and what you think of them for example if a dog is pink on the nose or eyes or on the top of the mouth is it weaker then a full black dog or if you can pick a pup up by the scruff and it yelps its a pansy or vitiman c injections cure a dog of snake bite anything and every thing that you can think of lets try and clear up some crap and dont be scared to say what you belive its the point of it to learn of each other (similar to the other white dog topic)

ill start i chaeck to see the colour of a pups paws, lips mouth eyes and nose and all though iv owned dogs that have been pink i always go for the black ones why? are there feeet acctualy harder if there black dose the heat effect there feet more on the hard ground? remember we dont have to stick on what iv got everyone try and give some input

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wouldnt mind hearing some "old wives tales" about huntng dogs and dogs in general and what you think of them for example if a dog is pink on the nose or eyes or on the top of the mouth is it weaker then a full black dog or if you can pick a pup up by the scruff and it yelps its a pansy or vitiman c injections cure a dog of snake bite anything and every thing that you can think of lets try and clear up some crap and dont be scared to say what you belive its the point of it to learn of each other (similar to the other white dog topic)

ill start i chaeck to see the colour of a pups paws, lips mouth eyes and nose and all though iv owned dogs that have been pink i always go for the black ones why? are there feeet acctualy harder if there black dose the heat effect there feet more on the hard ground? remember we dont have to stick on what iv got everyone try and give some input

here goes. if your dogs eyes are red is it becouse of worms

my grandad used to say a good dog was one that when you bought it give it loads of attention play with it. then leave it outside over night if was still there in the morning it will make a good dog. crazy i know. dont know how many dogs he went through till he found a good one. bet it was a lot

Its from an old saying about greyhounds

Headed like a snake

Neck like a drake

Backed like a beam

Sided like a bream

Tailed like a rat

Footed like a cat or something like that :thumbs:

Heres an old one light coloured eyes dont see at speed as well as dark coloured eyes i can remember that as a young un round the greyhound lads when on about blue dogs with light eye colour :doh:

Headed like a snake

Neck like a drake

Backed like a beam

Sided like a bream

Tailed like a rat

Heres an old one light coloured eyes dont see at speed as well as dark coloured eyes i can remember that as a young un round the greyhound lads when on about blue dogs with light eye colour :doh:

that is good that juckler. you are a poet and did not no it :laugh::victory:

this is a funny one. when i was a kid my dad used to tell me if i did not go to bed that Wolfy would bite my arce :laugh: my dad used to have an Irish wolf hound called Wolfe it was a bid thing. i was shit scared of this dog. i have try ed to do the same with my 3 year old but he just says go on then and takes my dog to bed with him anyway. so i will just have to get a sanke :laugh: he dose not like them :victory:

Headed like a snake

Neck like a drake

Backed like a beam

Sided like a bream

Tailed like a rat

well done mate,aint that in the book the complete lurcher?? i know iv read it somewhere,saved me looking it up cheers :thumbs:

I was assured just last week by a woman who brought her golden retriever bitch to be lined by my stud dog that if a pedigree bitch is mated by a mongrel or a breed different from itself then it was ruined for breeding.

Even if it was mated to a dog the same breed as itself at a future date the pups would be mongrels.

I was assured just last week by a woman who brought her golden retriever bitch to be lined by my stud dog that if a pedigree bitch is mated by a mongrel or a breed different from itself then it was ruined for breeding.

Even if it was mated to a dog the same breed as itself at a future date the pups would be mongrels.

well heres one i remember when i was a lad,if you opened a dog mouth and looked at the roof of his mouth and it was black it was going to be a good hunter [pup i am talking about] any boddy heard of that

my grandad used to say a good dog was one that when you bought it give it loads of attention play with it. then leave it outside over night if was still there in the morning it will make a good dog. crazy i know. dont know how many dogs he went through till he found a good one. bet it was a lot

I think that one is mint mate

I was talking to a man who breeds border terriers round my way and he still believes that

well heres one i remember when i was a lad,if you opened a dog mouth and looked at the roof of his mouth and it was black it was going to be a good hunter [pup i am talking about] any boddy heard of that

I've heard that said about sheepdogs :blink: