Snipped Hob One Massive Ball

Aye its what killed my last two put me off getting another one done for a couple of years , they take the infected one off and leave him with one though mate

• Like 1

All the ones ive had done have had this problem when they got to 5/6 years old ballbag swelled up full of fluid, took first one to the vet got it drained and anti bios was back in a week took it back and got it pts , all the rest were sorted inhouse after that.

• Like 1

vets talking about getting him castrated then sending the swollen one away to be tested... am in two minds, get that done for £140 or pts.. could get him castrated and hes ok for a few more years or it doesnt help...

vets talking about getting him castrated then sending the swollen one away to be tested... am in two minds, get that done for £140 or pts.. could get him castrated and hes ok for a few more years or it doesnt help...

If you're tempted to get the op done I'd ring round a few other vets for a quote - £140 for castration sounds a bit steep to me.

If you're tempted to get the op done I'd ring round a few other vets for a quote - £140 for castration sounds a bit steep to me.

that included fee for sending the swollen one away for testing, so we know what kind of cancer it is... how hes likly to be after it?

Lost my old vasectomised hob Jasper this April aged 8.When he was snipped in his first season he had to have a bollock removed due to infection.He was fine until last summer when his bollock swelled up.He was ok for the last year of his life never showed any signs of real pain but had to get him PTS when he started fitting one night in April.

Only got his sister left now& she's doing fine,blind as a bat tho....

When I read this I went out to look at my hob and was shocked to see he had exactly the same, one swollen bollock.

Took him to the vets yesterday and was told there's nowt wrong, it could be sperm now he's finished seeing to the jills and the other ball has retracted inside him, which both do eventually after the breeding season.