Springer Vs Gas Ram

This is probably a much discussed thing but I am new to the sport and the site and would like to know the opinion of experienced shooters. I bought an LGV master pro for my first gun and as I have only had it a week I am still finding my way. I had in the first place been looking at an Impact RM100 but the shop I went to said to avoid gas rams totally. Not sure why, any views on this?

Ive had none myself, Ive had two Fenmans and Im always on the look out for a mint Sirocco in 22. The rams can be a right f****r to get out and compress mind. No way near as simple as there spring counter parts.

Are you looking at getting one, or adding one? So to speak. If you do, get one in 22, the shot cycle is much sweeter.

Hi Rez

Not yet, just bought a springer to get started but just bought what I liked the feel of with little knowledge so hopefully not too big a mistake, got the LGV master, but i had set my sights on an Impact RM100 to begin with and may treat myself to one in .22 for xmas, or some other decent gas ram. At this point I dont know enough to make a judgement on whats good and whats not but I would like one of each.