Air Arms Express - Light Vs Heavy.

I've seen AA Express recommended a few times on a couple of different forums now.

I've had a tin in my shooting box for a while. They got pushed to the back after they wouldn't group well with one of my old rifles.

I gave them a whirl this morning in my HW100kt .177.

Nothing scientific, just 14 shots at paper, 30yrds, indoors.

For comparison, I also did a mag of my favourite JSB Heavies and, some big ol' H&N Sniper magnums - these things weigh 16gr - I shoot .22s lighter than that :o

I was impressed with the AA Express. They were fast and accurate. I'll try to give them a proper test - barrel clean, lead in and chrono results, over the next few days.

post-85710-0-47910800-1462612049_thumb.jpgThose are decent groups, for an unleaded, unclean barrel Jonjon :good:.

I hope you don't mind but I`ll post a picture of the HW 100 kt .177 groups with the A A Fields 4.52, 8.4 grain with a fully leaded in barrel but "shot outdoors".

atb

Mine loves the express jonjon.. so much i recently bought 10 tins of them.

5fps spread over 2 full mags last time I chrono'd her. (806-811fps) Not had a bad pellet yet in 3 tins.

post-101857-0-53566300-1462616664.jpg

• Like 3

Sorry about that bonfire Jonjon :tongue2: -

That group of express by Steg,- superb mate, is that an indoor group by the way?

Three tins of Fields left but the kt is in no rush yet.

Lol, no worries mate ;)

Some pretty fine shooting all round...... looks like I've got some catching up to do :)

• Like 1

Sorry about that bonfire Jonjon :tongue2: -

That group of express by Steg,- superb mate, is that an indoor group by the way?

Three tins of Fields left but the kt is in no rush yet.

Back garden mark on a flat calm day. Prone and shooting off the pod on 10x mag with the Airmax. Not sure what pull this triggers doing but it's a touch hard for me.. if i dared lighten it a touch I think that would help too.

Atb.

• Like 1

I gave these another run this morning. 4 and 5 shot groups over 30yrds.

For comparison, I put them against my JSB Heavies because these shoot so well for me.

To give an idea of scale, the black dots are 7mm.

I wasn't overly impressed with them from these results......

post-102688-0-04243400-1462697886_thumb.jpg

If you like light pellets try the JSB RS. I found them to be the best for accuracy through my HW100.

Cheers Pix, I may well do. My daughters got a stash of those and FAPs in .177 for her HW30 :)

It's not that I really favour light pellets, indeed, I think the heavier pellets work better in this rifle. I just can't help experimenting. I'm probably looking for that eurika moment when something random amazes me :)

Edited by Jonjon79

If you like light pellets try the JSB RS. I found them to be the best for accuracy through my HW100.

Cheers Pix, I may well do. My daughters got a stash of those and FAPs in .177 for her HW30 :)

It's not that I really favour light pellets, indeed, I think the heavier pellets work better in this rifle. I just can't help experimenting. I'm probably looking for that eurika moment when something random amazes me :)

I tried the Crossman heavies, basically the same pellets, but the drop off was too great for my liking. I tended to shoot vermin, not targets, and personally prefer a flatter trajectory as you can never be sure of the target distance in the field. And I'm hopeless at judging distance :laugh:

I tried to get some more RS for my Pro Sport when I was last over in Yorkshire, but the dealer didn't sell them so I've ended up with the AA Express as they were the next lightest.