Shotgun Certificate Renewal

My SGC runs out on Monday. I handed in all the renewal paperwork 12 weeks ago. I called then Monday to see how it was going and was told "Oh it runs out on 25th. I think we're doing 25th and 26th today."

I've had no visit and my referee hasn't been contacted.

The new one arrived in the post today with a letter saying "The procedures with regard to renewals have recently changed where some applications are being renewed automatically. This is a risk-assessed approach."

They do cover themselves by saying I might get a visit from the FEO sometime in the 5-year term of the SGC though.

Nice and easy, just the way I like it. Good on you Dyfed-Powys. :thumbs:

Nice one, down here the FEO's were told to this time do the renewals by phone and next renewal to visit, made more sense if they split them so visit some this renewal and phone some or on next round of renewals time they going to be either very busy.

My SGC runs out on Monday. I handed in all the renewal paperwork 12 weeks ago. I called then Monday to see how it was going and was told "Oh it runs out on 25th. I think we're doing 25th and 26th today."

The new one arrived in the post today with a letter saying "The procedures with regard to renewals have recently changed where some applications are being renewed automatically. This is a risk-assessed approach."

They do cover themselves by saying I might get a visit from the FEO sometime in the 5-year term of the SGC though.

When I moved a year ago I informed them and asked if they wanted to view my cabinet, said they'll do it next year on my renewal.

Sent my renewal off back along this year, got a call, checked it out over the phone and licence renewal arrived Friday, along with 4 photos that they don't need as their "procedures have changed"

Cheers, D.

When I moved a year ago I informed them and asked if they wanted to view my cabinet, said they'll do it next year on my renewal.

Sent my renewal off back along this year, got a call, checked it out over the phone and licence renewal arrived Friday, along with 4 photos that they don't need as their "procedures have changed"

Cheers, D.

Yeah I got my photos back too. Seems odd.

I put my coterminous renewal in last May ready for when it ran out on 27th July. Got it back at the beginning of October. When I rang them up they just said "Oh don't worry about it, we'll get it back to you as soon as we catch up."

G