Rope through the collar.

stop doing the washing up for yer ma yer big girl ...that fairy liquid is no good ....and get some work done ...your hands should be able to ladder tights no prob ... :whistling: ...i ladder mine all the time :whistling::icon_redface:

:clapper::clapper::clapper: Good post Snoop :clapper::clapper::clapper:

I've a slip lead here that i paid good money for at the Waterloo a few years ago.Looks great,and works great till theres any pressure on the mechanism,then its a nightmare to try and release.

I just use a cheap inch wide web lead,with a loop at each end.My pup walks great on the lead,doesn't pull and sits at every kerb,but once you get the lamp,or the ferts out with you,she nearly pulls the arm off me.

Edited by bill88

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive just started putting rope through my dogs collar so it acts as slip lead but i cant wrap the rope round my hand to hand to hold him because it hurts to much when he pulls :( can anyone tell me please how i can adjust it so it easier to hold? thanks.

Soft nylon dog lead with the metal clip end cut off - cheap & comfortable.

Thank f**k for the internet thats all I can say :notworthy: I can imagine all these rope burned handed hunters moping about not knowing what to do, until forums came along where people could brainstorm together, and come up with solutions to fix these seemingly insolvable problems :blink:

:haha::haha:

Guest bobsuperdog
Thank f**k for the internet thats all I can say :notworthy: I can imagine all these rope burned handed hunters moping about not knowing what to do, until forums came along where people could brainstorm together, and come up with solutions to fix these seemingly insolvable problems :blink:

:haha::haha:

your on the ball today lmfao :clapper::clapper:

Guest lurcher-lass

Just a suggestion, but why not just buy a slip lead, if you will be lamping alot then you no its going to be used, and not just left lying about. I have a short slip lead and it works(far better than rope ). :thumbs:

post-7732-1196519788_thumb.jpg

THE CLIPS ON THOSE LEADS ABOVE ARNT WORTH THERE SCRAP VALUE .... :thumbs: THEY KNOCK AGAISNT YOUR LEG AND COME UNDONE ,,AND SOMTIMES THEY JUST COME UNDONE IF THE DOG PULLS WHEN HES SPOTTED SOMTHING OR IF ANOTHER DOG IS RUNNING SOMTHING .....THERE SHITE ... :thumbs:

THE CLIPS ON THOSE LEADS ABOVE ARNT WORTH THERE SCRAP VALUE .... :thumbs: THEY KNOCK AGAISNT YOUR LEG AND COME UNDONE ,,AND SOMTIMES THEY JUST COME UNDONE IF THE DOG PULLS WHEN HES SPOTTED SOMTHING OR IF ANOTHER DOG IS RUNNING SOMTHING .....THERE SHITE ... :thumbs:

Spot on! Gimmicks for the armchair hunter who collects paraphernalia!!

Leather lead with clip cut off when lamping in company or teach the dog to walk to heel and lamp alone.

I had a slip lead once, many years ago, which I bought to use with my first lurcher. Unfortunately, she was a little bit too clever and flatly refused to pull against it. It was as though she was saying, "what's the use, I can't get it, I'm on the lead." I had similar problems teaching her to retrieve, she just couldn't see the point in running after a ball; she retrieved fine when she started catching though. Apologies, I'm starting to meander. :icon_redface:

YOU WOULD,NT HAVE TO USE A SLIP LEAD WILE OUT LAMPING IF YOU TRAINED YOUR DOGS PROPLEY :tongue2:

:clapper::clapper: Listen to barbara fukin woodhouse A slip is a must if you are doing serious lurcher work then you are in total control when the dog runs .

If I had a dog that was totally in control when of the slip when quarry was around I would question its prey drive.

Use a thin 1 inch webbing strap if your wee handys are hurting

Edited by gavmac
YOU WOULD,NT HAVE TO USE A SLIP LEAD WILE OUT LAMPING IF YOU TRAINED YOUR DOGS PROPLEY :tongue2:

:clapper::clapper: Listen to barbara fukin woodhouse A slip is a must if you are doing serious lurcher work then you are in total control when the dog runs .

If I had a dog that was totally in control when of the slip when quarry was around I would question its prey drive.

Use a thin 1 inch webbing strap if your wee handys are hurting

thats bollocks.......with proper training a dog should be able to be stopped at any point and not run in untill told........