• 4 weeks later...

Zero it at any time throughout the day. Just remember to limit the amount of light that is thrown at the sensor - attach the front cap. I know of people who also attach the front cap for use at night, but just push out the centre disk.

Removal of the batteries will not lose your X&Y settings. :thumbs:

ive had one since last august , mine regularly looses zero , im hoping to get it sent back to be checked over , its a real shame because when its working its absoutely brilliant.

ive had one since last august , mine regularly looses zero , im hoping to get it sent back to be checked over , its a real shame because when its working its absoutely brilliant.

what do you mount it on? Mel

its on top of my cz452 .22lr , i only ever use subs so recoil isnt an issue , ill use it once or twice and it can be fine(acceptable) , then it can lose zero by 10" - 12" , each time ive tried to convince myself that if i rezero it , itll be ok , its time now that i need to get it sent back before the warranty is out , its a shame because i really like it when its working.

its on top of my cz452 .22lr , i only ever use subs so recoil isnt an issue , ill use it once or twice and it can be fine(acceptable) , then it can lose zero by 10" - 12" , each time ive tried to convince myself that if i rezero it , itll be ok , its time now that i need to get it sent back before the warranty is out , its a shame because i really like it when its working.
Its the first time I have used NV gear, apart from a dabble with a old Russian unit a mate had back in the early 90's which wasn't good, I like, it havnt zerod it yet, had to shim the scope up at the back, it seem's a common issue,it's actually lighter than the scope I have taken off the rifle, it's made it better handling in my opinion, looking forward to trying it,

There is something wrong here mate. Get it sent back under warranty. :thumbs:

I've had three Photons. I still have two, and only sold the other one because I felt that it wasn't getting enough use. For the money they are absolutely superb. :boogy: . I converted all mine to the "XTreme" models. This is some of my footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Urj8uh8azQI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okhzbfyDBjQ

Its the first time I have used NV gear, apart from a dabble with a old Russian unit a mate had back in the early 90's which wasn't good, I like, it havnt zerod it yet, had to shim the scope up at the back, it seem's a common issue,it's actually lighter than the scope I have taken off the rifle, it's made it better handling in my opinion, looking forward to trying it,

nv is fantastic when its set up correctly , the photon is a cracking piece of kit , i use mine with a t50 and can see clearly out to cf ranges , if i can get the issue sorted with my photon i will be looking to buy another one for my .243 and maybe doing an upgrade.

I've had three Photons. I still have two, and only sold the other one because I felt that it wasn't getting enough use. For the money they are absolutely superb. :boogy: . I converted all mine to the "XTreme" models. This is some of my footage.

im very tempted by the conversion , i was just worried about losing the warranty on mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Urj8uh8azQI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okhzbfyDBjQ

Tremo can I ask what you did to convert them?? To xtreme models I have yet to buy a t50 and mount, but will shortly ,

Hi mate.

In short all that you are doing is replacing the front lens with a camera lens. You will have to procure an adapter that allows the connection of the camera lens (SRB Grittum in the UK), but after that you can use whatever size camera lens that you want. A 55mm lens will give you about a x5 magnification. A 135mm lens will give you roughly a x12 magnification. Have a look on the Nightvision UK forum. You will find loads of threads on this topic there. There is also loads of discussions on the best IR source for the job.

Let me know if you require any more info.

Cheers.

Tremo

Edited by Tremo

quick update on my photon , i spoke to scott country last monday and a courier picked the photon up on tuesday , ive got back from work today and what appears to be a new photon was waiting for me , just need to get it mounted and give it a go now.