Breeding Advice

I think you need to look at the terrian you are working and what quarry and think is the top fen dog suited , as the fens are quite flat why are these dogs thought so highly of for running in surfaces like garden lawns !! When there are probably lurcher more able running the hills elsewhere , so I would go if possible for dog that that works on same type of game on same type of terrian as yourself might prove to work out better as less unknowns in the mix

Would breeding a top day fen dog back to a lamping Bitch be best to get a good lamping litter or a lamping bitch to lamping dog. I was laughed at when I said a good lamping dog would be better.

Down to terrian..

Some spots where you lamp don't require blistering pace, where other spots the dogs need to be crossed with scud missiles..

Some daytime / coursing dogs dont see a lamp, however they make formidable lamp dogs..

Lots of variables really...

• Like 1

My pal had a Sal grey, by far the best lamp dog iv ever seen, knew the game inside out, couldn't handle owt that would give back though, I have some fond memories of watching that dog work. Personally I wouldn't use a day dog that lacked balls to cross, the problem is finding suitably tested dogs.

• Like 1