Which Ferret Finder?

In my experience once you get used to using the mk3 it is far more accurate than its predecessors when it comes to digging. If it reads three foot on the led display then you can be sure its three foot. No exceptions.

The only downside it has for me is that I find the collar battery runs down too quickly and I've been caught out once or twice.

Always been accurate with the MK3M. Half a foot out a most but that could be due to movement underground. Never tried the old MK1s and wont say anything against the people who will know more about it. I don't think you'd go wrong with the 3. Obvious advantage is the extra range for an easier long range search.

Having said that, I had a problem with a 3M collar, only a seasons work. Intermittent failure, very unreliable readings. Contacted Deben and they were happy to take a look. They claimed it passed their tests and sent it back. All free, but perhaps wouldn't have been if they found a fault, i couldn't say. Turns out (my discovery) the battery clip inside was loose and has now came away completely. Took it in to my own hands as I found my debug to be more efficient. Probably voided my chance of sending it back again as I got stuck in with some glue which fixed it for a while. Was having problems again at the end of the season with it....

The other collar bought at the same time is still in full working order.

Buying from a THL member who refurbishes the equipment and has the know how to repair it, wouldn't be a wrong move.