What Are People Feeding Springer Spaniels When There Not Working?

Skinners Working 23%, the same as I feed throughout the year. I just don't feed alternate days with raw chicken mince and bits as I would during the season. In the past I've put the Lurchers on a maintenance mix, but just found them to be crapping more so not bothered to change with any of the dogs now.

• Like 2

I was feeding skinners duck and rice and skinners crunch but my dogs did not do well on it dry coats and loose crap. Changed to Chudleys working crunch £17 a bag seems to suit them better but still quite high in protein 24% and 14% oil a bit too high for the summer but as some have said feed cheaper food and all they do is crap more because the food is lower quality and less digestable

Edited by collieman

Skinners Working 23%, the same as I feed throughout the year. I just don't feed alternate days with raw chicken mince and bits as I would during the season. In the past I've put the Lurchers on a maintenance mix, but just found them to be crapping more so not bothered to change with any of the dogs now.

Pretty much same apart from different make of dry food. Country active ours is, from Cornwall farmers, we feed it all yr and not change to the maintenance one, £10 and pence I think per bag.

During the season we feed that chicken mince, very handy stuff comes in blocks and shove in freezer taking out what you need, also got my father one of those towelling jackets for his springer as he often out 4-5 times a week and that helps keep condition on him, shove it on at end of day and at dinner time, makes a hell of a difference during busy times.

Edited by Paulnix

I've fed mine Skinners maintenance for a few years now along with lamb ribs the dogs do all right on it , I know a few lads that feed there dogs dried food and pay no more than £7 abag and there dogs look and work no differently to mine ?

• Like 1