not looking to burst any mans bubble but if your hunting alot,regularly,,, theres no ifs buts what iffs or maybes other then the bigger leads are un matchable,,,i shoot alot of cannys off the perch at night,,ive taken lads out that av had a pocket full of them steel balls with them and well the numbers at the end of the nights will show you proof is in the shooting,,.ive seen it time and time again even out the van window lads shooting at half and three quater grown rabbits hit them and theyve ran off with a 9.5 mill sting mark on them.. again its no dick..measuring contest but catapults and shooting them are a big part of what i do,,i make and sell them as part of my living shot them for years,

odd bit mooching then the guy with the small steels is going to knock bits an bobs over...but the feller who wants to go earn a few bob at night or take consistent big bags or so on,,,them big lead will help you along the way in an un matchable fashion,,fact

cheers for that dude it's the point I was trying to get at, I have know problem hitting stuff with the 9.5 steels but it often seems to pass through what you hit giving it a chance to run off before keeling over, OK in the day as you can usually find it with the dog, but I hate loosing game knowing I've hit it cleanly, for most of my life I've shot rocks and small pebbles from the local beach, and may even return to them, but as every one on tinternet seems to be using steel balls I thought I would give it a go, but like I,ve said I love the accuracy of them but could do with a bit more stopping power, hence my lead mould purchase, out of interest dude what kind of cattys do you make, I,ve always made natural hazel forks I flog a few now and then but many people are going in to the plywood styles, made popular by gamekeeper John, basically I,ve always had cattys but am new to the Internet, so I just assumed most folk were like me, but now I,m seeing a lot of different things, so I'm here to learn,I,m not really an arsey old git and apologise if I came across as one, cheers for your reply

its a forum after all mate were all entitled to our own thourghts and ways,,,no problem,,an i will get some photos sorted over the weekend of some of the catapults i make, there not ply wood that stuff aint my thing im more of a traditional feller..

Edited by cold pint

its a forum after all mate we all entitled to our own thourghts and ways,,,no problem,,an i will get some photos sorted over the weekend of some of the catapults i make, there not ply wood that stuff aint my thing im more of a traditional feller..

sweet look forward to seeing them, I,ve just made my first sling-bow still needs a bit of fettleing but early signs are pretty impressive, my first shot went straight through my garage door and just missed my car, need a more beefy backstop