Drink Driving...

No need for a solicitor, there getting banned and fined anyway why add to the costs.

But can't they help with getting a shorter ban and such? Just don't want to be spending lots of money on a pointless exercise.
You mean the person you know doesn't want to be spending lots of money? Lol.

My sister got 14 month ban and £200 fine. Reduced to 11 months for doing a course which cost £170.

So £370 in total and 11 month ban for blowing 52 on the breathalyser.

Edited after speaking to her. I thought it was £600 fine.

whats the legal limit then,? 1 pint i norm just have 1 pint or couple shandies .

35 micrograms of alcohol for every 100 millilitres of breath Is the legal limit in England mate.

In terms of pints or units that's different for everyone.

A 10 stone bloke who doesn't drink often might be close on a pint. An 18 stone regular drinker could probably get away with couple pints. I know that I don't blow over the limit on 2 pints. But I never drink and drive just incase. I need my driving licence for my job. Would be lost without my car.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What ever he gets he deserves stupid cnut could of killed someone

they should just make the the limit zero no room for error or confusion then.

The one time it would of been actually useful to have height+weight in one of birds posts

No need for a solicitor, there getting banned and fined anyway why add to the costs.

But can't they help with getting a shorter ban and such? Just don't want to be spending lots of money on a pointless exercise.

My sister got 14 month ban and £200 fine. Reduced to 11 months for doing a course which cost £170.

whats the legal limit then,? 1 pint i norm just have 1 pint or couple shandies .

35 micrograms of alcohol for every 100 millilitres of breath Is the legal limit in England mate.

A 10 stone bloke who doesn't drink often might be close on a pint. An 18 stone regular drinker could probably get away with couple pints. I know that I don't blow over the limit on 2 pints. But I never drink and drive just incase. I need my driving licence for my job. Would be lost without my car.

fair enough , yeh its your size and if you had meal before you drink,? i think my size, 2 pints of shandy be ok thats only really 1 pint of lager in real terms :yes:

fair enough , yeh its your size and if you had meal before you drink,? i think my size, 2 pints of shandy be ok thats only really 1 pint of lager in real terms :yes:

One pint or a couple of shandies with a meal or after eating should be fine for a decent sized bloke (socks better stick to halfs) waiting a bit after your last drink before getting in the car is always a good idea too :thumbs:

One pint of lager will have around 2.8 units, which will put you over the limit. One unit of alcohol leaves the body per hour

The old you can have a pint is back in the day when you was drinking 3% mild bitter, better to drink nothing and watch the next day if your a 7/8pint man cause you'll be over at 7/8 o'clock next morning

Tell your mate he's banned, 18months which will go down to 13 if he does the 3 day course, £300 fine and court fee's of about £180 and a mark on his licence for the next 11years before it comes off

Equipment isn't good enough to be zero terry from what I can gather.

Even us boys on the roads get breath tested at work and are allowed 13ug/100ml.

Doesn't mean we can drink before work, it just removes that argument should someone get a tiny reading from something.

Just to add, if you eat while or after you drink it holds in your system longer as it binds with the food and takes longer for the alcohol to be processed as it's got something to cling to, same as couple of paracetamol slows liver function so takes longer to process alcohol

One pint of lager will have around 2.8 units, which will put you over the limit. One unit of alcohol leaves the body per hour

The old you can have a pint is back in the day when you was drinking 3% mild bitter, better to drink nothing and watch the next day if your a 7/8pint man cause you'll be over at 7/8 o'clock next morning

Tell your mate he's banned, 18months which will go down to 13 if he does the 3 day course, £300 fine and court fee's of about £180 and a mark on his licence for the next 11years before it comes off

I'm not doubting your science Ross but it's all its and buts.

I reckon average Joe could have a pint of decent lager with a meal over the space of 90 mins or so and be good to drive. But like you say better to stay off it really.

I work nights and often have a good drink in the morning after work. Been caught out once, got home at 6am and give a bottle of Bourbon a good seeing to. Went bed about 8am and found out I was working at 3pm.

Science would of said I needed 28 hours before I was clear, but I blew zero at 8pm which is only 12 hours.

I've not done it since and wouldn't do it again though just incase.

Equipment isn't good enough to be zero terry from what I can gather.

Even us boys on the roads get breath tested at work and are allowed 13ug/100ml.

Doesn't mean we can drink before work, it just removes that argument should someone get a tiny reading from something.

ah yes of course alcohol in a lot of things