New Incubator

As per the title, I am ever increasing my flocks, and time to invest in a new incubator, what do you all use, I much prefer bantams but simply cannot keep enough to hatch everything, hence a new investment.

I have been offered a brinesea advance ex 380, it's the fully automatic humidity, temp and turning, but are they any good ?

Edited by Rabid

everyone seems to keep coming back to a brinsea ! got to be a reason for it ! ive got a chicktec and had mixed results ,that could be down to driver error though as im new to fowl but im working with broodies now and trying to get them to do my work ,its much less hassel all round for me ,suppose it depends on how many you need per season and how many broodies you can spare/keep

• Like 1

everyone seems to keep coming back to a brinsea ! got to be a reason for it ! ive got a chicktec and had mixed results ,that could be down to driver error though as im new to fowl but im working with broodies now and trying to get them to do my work ,its much less hassel all round for me ,suppose it depends on how many you need per season and how many broodies you can spare/keep

I do like me broodies, been using them for years, it's just not feasible to rear 1000+ a year under them.

Brinsea are good.....till you use something like a Heka or MS. Any inc will hatch run of the mill eggs but when your hatching some sensitive breeds you'll see how good they are.

• Like 1

Brinsea are good.....till you use something like a Heka or MS. Any inc will hatch run of the mill eggs but when your hatching some sensitive breeds you'll see how good they are.

Don't really agree with that, I've got nearly 50 different breeds. Amongst my incubators is a brinsea pollyhatch never had any trouble with it. It's one of the best little incubators I've had?

I use an ms50 auto turned cabinet incubator and an smaller type ms50 for hatching.

The auto uses an rotating bar fan for ventilation, it's an perfect system, humidity is easy to maintain and there are no cold spots in the machine.

Use it since last spring, had multiple 90% hatches, even with quail and 3 weeks old bad stored bantams eggs.

Important thing to know is eggs tend to hatch an day earlier in an rotating bar machine.

The machines are made here in Holland so they're not as expensive like in UK and lot of second hand ones here.

You can look at their website wi h is also available in English.

• Like 2

I use an ms50 auto turned cabinet incubator and an smaller type ms50 for hatching.

The auto uses an rotating bar fan for ventilation, it's an perfect system, humidity is easy to maintain and there are no cold spots in the machine.

Use it since last spring, had multiple 90% hatches, even with quail and 3 weeks old bad stored bantams eggs.

Important thing to know is eggs tend to hatch an day earlier in an rotating bar machine.

The machines are made here in Holland so they're not as expensive like in UK and lot of second hand ones here.

You can look at their website wi h is also available in English.

I have used rotating bar incubators in the past and had excellent results from them, I will take a look at the one you mention, thanks.

If you decide to buy one feel free to ask my help if you need to.

Easier to gather information, spare parts and such here because they're made and used a lot here.

My younger brother actually learned how to use them in school...

I'll advice to have an spare belt laying around at all times, probably don't gonna need it but belts obviously always wear out in the middle of the most important batch of eggs of your season.

• Like 1