Need Some Help With A Project Please

Hi all I thought I would start by introducing myself as I'm new here ,

I'm studying design at uni and we got given a project for a car company. I have landed on the idea of a modular gun box.

So you would have a for instance

A tray for your guns

A tray ammo and accessories

And extra storage on top for whatever you are hunting/your hunting gear

This gun box would go in the boot of a big car but it would look out of place in your garage or house.

Now down to the point I was wondering if this would appeal to any of you or if you have any current concerns with existing gunboxes etc.

Any feedback would be much appreciated

There are a number of Gun boxes available for cars, off the peg and custom built.

Not many people have a genuine use for them and most boxes are a pain, and mess up space in the motor.

Your issue will be designing/making something efficient, cost effective and that fits well and SECURELY, there are a lot of different motors with different space and a lot of different guns people want to carry!

Good luck!

:thumbs:

There are a number of Gun boxes available for cars, off the peg and custom built.

Not many people have a genuine use for them and most boxes are a pain, and mess up space in the motor.

Your issue will be designing/making something efficient, cost effective and that fits well and SECURELY, there are a lot of different motors with different space and a lot of different guns people want to carry!

Good luck!

Thank for your reply and i realise it would be difficult to cater to all markets. The brief however intails that I design for one or two particular cars so it is a niche market anyway. As for having the box sitting securely I have a couple of things in mind like rails etc. Thank you for the feedback much appreciated :)

Good luck!

Thank for your reply and i realise it would be difficult to cater to all markets. The brief however intails that I design for one or two particular cars so it is a niche market anyway. As for having the box sitting securely I have a couple of things in mind like rails etc. Thank you for the feedback much appreciated :)

Well, it basically becomes custom then.

Do what you like, I'm struggling to see what you want to know. The type of box found in many Sporting situations may well contain shotguns in their Broken down state, first thing you need to establish is if you are going to accommodate Full rifles/moderators/shotguns?

Very few cars or Land Rovers can accommodate a gun box across the width of the motor to house full rifles/shotguns, so it means breaking them, (a pain) or mounting the box lengthways, which will encroach on at least one rear seat.

Try that as a starting point.

OK what would I need / want?

Firstly I don't require any storage for anything except Rifles or Shotguns. (i.e. Sloe Gin and Cartridges).

My requirement is simple, I go Deer stalking at first light, then later I get my shotgun out & rough shoot until the afternoon, so my

rifle needs a 'home' in my car that is secure and out of sight.

My car is a 4x4 but many others have a typical family car (Mondeo etc etc).

You need to have a design intent to fit the boot of any common family car which is secure and makes the Police happy.

AndyF

(I'll have one if it's any good, and cheap enough).

Can you change the car in anyway to accommodate the gun storage or would it a extra add on to the standard model ? Cause everyone thinks the same way about boot space where I would use the roof on the inside but that's just me thinking out of the box

Thanks for all the replies guys, I thought of a couple of ideas and submitted them to the company who gave the brief as they only wanted ideas and some basic sketches, as for making the gun box for a range of cars the brief they gave came from a car company so they wanted it for a specific car.

Thank you again for all of your help and feedback it has helped me a lot