A Cracking Day Out To Finish The Season With Taz2010

Had a invite out with Taz this weekend and what a day it was.

We had the three terriers with us all from Taz's line, my dog, his brother from previous litter and their Dam.

We had a good dig to my young dog of 15 months, took us a while to get down to him due to being under a tree and the roots, never the less he worked his quarry well and we broke through after 2.5 hrs, the litte dog done his job well we were both happy with him, quarry humanly dispatched with the 12 bore.

The old girl bolted 2 nice charlies earlier In the day which were squeezed into tiny rabbit spots, an excellent mark from the bitch and we got the result both times by Mr Raynard bolting. You would of walked past this place and never in a million years know it's there but the old bitch knew, and off the couple she want into the cover and she was in.

Fantastic to see a dog using its nose like that as this tiny hole was in the middle of a large hedgerow overgrown with bramble and obviously invisible to the human eye.

It was a pleasure to see my young dogs brother work as well and again he didn't disappoint, giving us a strong mark on the last place off he went and another two in the bag to finish the day.

A great finish to the season with my young dog spent with the man who bred him and dogs from his line.

Cheers for the day out Taz your a gent, hopefully I'll be a better shot next time im down but let's not talk about that eh haha ?

Atb Wez

• Like 8

no i wont tell the lads you missed 2 rabbits sitting at 25m then 2 hares running straight towards you at 20m we will keep them a secret ups,it was nice to see a dog you breed work, the young dog stayed 2.5 hrs and worked his quarry well in a 40m set what more can you ask from such a young dog,it then went again and found another quarry job done,as for the old bitch a nose like dynamite,the choc dog bred the same as yours done his job well as he as all season so another season over and another enjoyable day 3 in the bag and 2 bolts so all round 2 men enjoyed there sport keep safe mate :thumbs:

• Like 7

Was a brilliant day mate, top crack and great land..

I don't think I'll ever live the crap shooting down! the term "couldn't hit a barn door" comes to mind haha!! ??

Well happy with the young dog, I've held him back like you said now hopefully I can reap the rewards and have many years digging with him, all credit to your breeding you've got it nailed mate.. Roll on next season ??

• Like 1

yes it always a pleasure to see a dog you put time and effort into breed produce the goods,but to be honest i was more pleased for wezza taking advise and bringing a young dog on right,as you all know its time and effort that make these young dogs turn into lions and he as took the dog the right way and would have no problem giving him another pup at any stage a credit to him

• Like 6

Cheers mate, I done as you said and the dogs doing well, over the moon with him ?

yes it always a pleasure to see a dog you put time and effort into breed produce the goods,but to be honest i was more pleased for wezza taking advise and bringing a young dog on right,as you all know its time and effort that make these young dogs turn into lions and he as took the dog the right way and would have no problem giving him another pup at any stage a credit to him