CHRISTMAS DINNER

• 3 weeks later...
wow nice turkey is it easy too pluck them or do they tare quite easily i find when im plucking pheasents that the skin tares too much so usually just skin them.

I found that to be a problem to the skin tears like tissue on pheasants when ever i try to pluck them :wallbash:

Witton

Guest little_lloyd
wow nice turkey is it easy too pluck them or do they tare quite easily i find when im plucking pheasents that the skin tares too much so usually just skin them.

I found that to be a problem to the skin tears like tissue on pheasants when ever i try to pluck them :wallbash:

Witton

Its easier to pluck them with little mistakes,..When there warm :yes: ,...But your probally like me like to hang the buggers for a bit,,....Then skin them :thumbs:

Ive plucked and breasted pheasants there and then in the field.

I used to pluck birds on a farm just before christmas when i was younger. I plucked that many, that after a week, I was trying to pluck the feathers from my pillows in my sleep! I found that the feathers came out easy, and the skin didn't tear to much when the bird was killed 'traditionally' but they were a bas**** when the bird had been zapped.

i did some catching at a turkey farm a few yrs ago and i "aquired" a brace.. :whistling: they were big :censored: too! just take the crowns off,lovely!(should have seen the looks i got driving home with two turkeys sat next to me in the cab!lol

Little Lloyd is right they are much easier to do when warm..They were culled traditional way ..bled out and plucked then gutted.They were not to bad to do...Hardest part is getting sinews out of legs.Last two getting done Sunday before Christmas going on these three the last two are going to b 30 lbs plus.Me Missus has done them all for friends and family she got them late September and they took a hell of lot feeding

post-10962-1197679480_thumb.jpg