A Loss........do You Pack In?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lost my terrier yesterday, nothing you can do but look to the future or walk away. If you buy a pup from proven lines you won't need any other terriers to enter it, they should go on their own as lo

Don't go the money route mate . Ask on here for someone to help you .New friendship, new stock ,new start .Stay away from adults for sale that are supposed working ,it ain't happening .A gifted dog is

He was six years old, still in his prime. I've plenty of stuff by him, his sister and brother too. There was a litter born to him in Wales a few days before I lost him that's bred as good as they get,

Posted Images

That's bad luck hard my advice is find someone with a good line of working terrier a proven line and start with pups looking ta buy something that's working is hit and miss but with pups from proven stock ya have a very good chance of getn what ya want it's long wait but it's the best way to go. Me and my mate had a bit of bad luck at the start of this season with dogs more or less thought of given it up but between us we had young dogs spread 4 of them have started in the last month the future looks a whole different now.

• Like 8

Don't jack it in pal,we all have felt the heartache -sometimes you have a run of shit luck ,things will change for sure,got to move on,there's still genuine lads out there...keep the faith,hope you stick at it and get sorted.I ve had to start again myself few seasons ago now things are on the up.atb dc

• Like 3

I know just how you feel man. I've had some years where I went through many dogs. After what I went through to find good stock, Id say don't waste time on unknown or unseen dogs. Stick with a group of friends that are doing it like you like to do it. It may be a few years before they breed something that you can get a pup off of but its worth it. Going through dog after dog that fails will make you wanna quit altogether. Just wait for that good one to come along.

• Like 3

Its like you really do loose yours dogs history in an instant plucky...

Im suppose to cover good few thousand acres over next month as have done numbers year. This year i just cant do it. And gettinf the staff is even harder sometimes. My circle was always small. I wish i expanded out an out crossed the terriers. But i have always found a small circle is a safe one. I will have to go ratting with my collie with one eye...poor meg

All you can do is take pups on mate, not worth buying a dog in. I too spoke to riponshooter and soon figured him out when he was refusing to try the dog out with me. Im in your situation aswell and its my first year without a successful dig. i had an old bitch of 13yrs pass away, a pup pass away with a heart defect, another pup pass away with a cleft palate costing me hundreds in vet bills, another dog that didnt like the sharp end after 2 years of persaverance, another pup sold to me which was a runt, never made any size and wouldnt eat and a lurcher bitch that ran into a snapped branch that ran straight through its lung, rip ann. This season is what i call testing! All the best with getting sorted out mate.

• Like 1

Don't give up mate u will bounce back, I am feeling your pain a few weeks into this season my digging partner lost 3 experienced dog on the bounce it really knocked us that's was in places we have worked many times [BANNED TEXT] as u say u don't know what under there, between us we where left with 2 workers 2 veterans, Iucky enough I have the son of 2 that he lost this has been his first season and is doing ok up to now he's of the mark so hopefully I can keep hold of him and get keep that line going. Hope someone can help u out on here. Best of luck