Tom's Deerhound/greyhound Pup

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For those that were asking to see the progress of my son TOM's pup,well he's 10 months old now and despite his size and tender age seems to be coming along just fine,typical D/H cross though very laid

You can see the pup make the classic mistake of over running the rabbit having to turn back completely on himself, the look of surprise said it all for me,WM    

A few more pics of the day,plenty of back up if needed, my mates 2 lurchers are quick on the rabbits but first they've gotta get past my terriers LOL's,nothing much gets away,WM  

Spoke to a few more people and we were arguing over 50quid in the end,I wanted it knocking off for fuel anyway in the end I thought feck it,most lads are begging lads to take big pups off their hands by 8weeks and I still just could not get excited,normally I am like a big kid,even at 58yrs old,we will see what turns up over the next few months,WM

Well after searching the internet for a decent pup and talking to the most inexperienced owners that have bred litters from utter sh*te,most not even worked just pets and expecting telephone numbers (daft money) for them , I honestly was getting a bit pissed off,so after ringing a lad that failed to tell me that his dogs had bull and a few others in the mix until it slipped out when he was telling me it took stoats and rats (helmet or what!!!!) well that was enough for me to contact my original guy in Newcastle,my pup I had chosen off the pics was still available so I bit the bullet and me and a mate left the wirral at 6pm, the lad said he would drive down and meet us at scotch corner at 8_30pm but due to diversions on the m1/A1 we couldn't get the last 10 miles until 9_30pm,he was a real genuine lad and I'm made up with the pup,got back around 1ish and fed her,had a play ,then put her in a crate alongside the terriers,not a peep off her,clean crate and straight out to empty herself,fed her and now just have to wait till she's 8 weeks for her first jab,think I'm going to call her "SADIE",pics to follow when I wake up proper,WM

• Like 1

Well after searching the internet for a decent pup and talking to the most inexperienced owners that have bred litters from utter sh*te,most not even worked just pets and expecting telephone numbers (daft money) for them , I honestly was getting a bit pissed off,so after ringing a lad that failed to tell me that his dogs had bull and a few others in the mix until it slipped out when he was telling me it took stoats and rats (helmet or what!!!!) well that was enough for me to contact my original guy in Newcastle,my pup I had chosen off the pics was still available so I bit the bullet and me and a mate left the wirral at 6pm, the lad said he would drive down and meet us at scotch corner at 8_30pm but due to diversions on the m1/A1 we couldn't get the last 10 miles until 9_30pm,he was a real genuine lad and I'm made up with the pup,got back around 1ish and fed her,had a play ,then put her in a crate alongside the terriers,not a peep off her,clean crate and straight out to empty herself,fed her and now just have to wait till she's 8 weeks for her first jab,think I'm going to call her "SADIE",pics to follow when I wake up proper,WM

St least you are pleased with what you have picked mate,i though after all the chew and what people had been saying you were going to go to the deerhound.

• Like 1

St least you are pleased with what you have picked mate,i though after all the chew and what people had been saying you were going to go to the deerhound.

The deerhound bitch has been lined by a dog that is not my cup of tea,so that put it out the mix, I had a few calls off lads that said my pups parents were well worked so with him saying he would drive down 70 mile to meet me I couldn't refuse, she should do all I need from her, I ferret most days and the rest is a bonus, here's a few pics from sunday,we just bolted with ferrets and bushed to the team,a good laugh and with 2 young runners out with us I thought my terriers would help,terriers caught more than the lurcher and whippet,WM

• Like 5

The deerhound bitch has been lined by a dog that is not my cup of tea,so that put it out the mix, I had a few calls off lads that said my pups parents were well worked so with him saying he would drive down 70 mile to meet me I couldn't refuse, she should do all I need from her, I ferret most days and the rest is a bonus, here's a few pics from sunday,we just bolted with ferrets and bushed to the team,a good laugh and with 2 young runners out with us I thought my terriers would help,terriers caught more than the lurcher and whippet,WM

DSC_1196.JPG

DSC_1214.JPG

DSC_1186.JPG

DSC_1166.JPG

DSC_1182.JPG

DSC_1193.JPG

DSC_1217.JPG

DSC_1171.JPG

That dog would go nice over that whippet if its a bitch mate,i bred some 13-14yrs ago and they were realy handy and fast dogs and excelled in what i wanted them for ?Hope the pup works out for you and looking forward to the pics of it as its growing mate atb