What Age To Retire Your Dog.

Mine, coming up 9 still catches his quota of stuff but you can tell the next day, his workload is less than half what the bitch gets but there are times when he's needed. I'll retire him when he can't run at all and barring serious injury or disease, he'll be here till the end of his natural.

Cheers, D.

• Like 2

Was thinking about this the other day my older dog is 5 now and when he was a pup a rabbit run into his shoulder and chipped the bone and caused some damage he couldn't walk on it for over 6 weeks, any way now after a long hard nights lamping he is very stiff on that leg what was injured as a pup and it is always that leg, I don't think I will retire him at all so to speak as he will always be out mooching and lamping running at his own pace but I think injures play a bit part on the Kenya jd a working dogs career.

But fur now he can handle the hard nights with only the one stiff day but a good run down good grub and plenty oils in his diet sharp have him moving about freely again