Dog Training

I am not a dog trainer so i don't know the needs when it comes training, i have been approached by someone regarding dog training & more specifically using my land to train them, ie: flushing, retrieving etc, he informs me that he had to got up north to find land where he could do this & paid £80 per gun & £60 per dog does this sound right ?

He has offered to pay me & although its good to make money i don't just want to say yes, is this something anybody has had to do or do you know of anybody who does.

Many thanks

Lee

I take it these prices are per day,

its all down to how do you feel about someone else taking the game from your land, and if you can trust them to respect your land...

but it could work in your favor as if you ever need a trained dog, he is going to sort yo the best deal..

but the last thing you want is someone turning up wrecking your land and killing all your game then moving on the the next farm after 2 seasons..

if they are well to do people and have full insurance and are not going to kill everything in sight. give it a go for a season..

Hello i take it the trainer is a trialling person.Used to get them on estates doing rabbit's alot & taking odd days at game to get there dog's going & it can work in either way.You could gain a friend & quite a good dog that aint up to spec but a good dog for you but if it's you own land it's down to your trust.

Hello i take it the trainer is a trialling person.Used to get them on estates doing rabbit's alot & taking odd days at game to get there dog's going & it can work in either way.You could gain a friend & quite a good dog that aint up to spec but a good dog for you but if it's you own land it's down to your trust.

Hi V-Max, the person enquiring knows a good friend of mine, i have meet him a few times & he is a good man, i don't mind him using the land but i just wanted some advice as to how much work is normally done with the dogs & over what period of time.

Many thanks

Edited by outshooting

Hi V-Max, the person enquiring knows a good friend of mine, i have meet him a few times & he is a good man, i don't mind him using the land but i just wanted some advice as to how much work is normally done with the dogs & over what period of time.

Many thanks

It all depends mate his he a trainer who trains other peoples dog or is he a Trialler.If its just one guy and possibly plus one and you know its more for the dogs steadying and simulation shootin in the field instead of there every morning and night killing everything.Ask the guy straight i..f you give permission hes not to descimate everything and use your place like a rough shoot.

I have permission on a couple of sites where i can dizzy a couple of birds get a flush use starting pistol make sure dog is steady to shot .and a place where i can shoot maybe a couple of phessies once a dog is steady.Its in my intrest not to take the piss and IMO the guy wont either.Like shittin in yer own bed,If you give permission he must try and contact you .Ive got 3 youngsters at moment which need aapprox 40 mins a day some need more some less..but I imagine the guy would be on a couple of hrs 2 or 3 times a week

Regards Steve :thumbs:

Many thanks

It all depends mate his he a trainer who trains other peoples dog or is he a Trialler.If its just one guy and possibly plus one and you know its more for the dogs steadying and simulation shootin in the field instead of there every morning and night killing everything.Ask the guy straight i..f you give permission hes not to descimate everything and use your place like a rough shoot.

I have permission on a couple of sites where i can dizzy a couple of birds get a flush use starting pistol make sure dog is steady to shot .and a place where i can shoot maybe a couple of phessies once a dog is steady.Its in my intrest not to take the piss and IMO the guy wont either.Like shittin in yer own bed,If you give permission he must try and contact you .Ive got 3 youngsters at moment which need aapprox 40 mins a day some need more some less..but I imagine the guy would be on a couple of hrs 2 or 3 times a week

I would agree with Steve, I try and trial spaniels and I am always desperate for new ground to train on and bunnies to shoot for the dogs, so I doubt very much that this person who has asked you would risk not being invited back and will be respectful when using your ground. There may well be one or two people out with him, as you can't train a trial dog on your own, but I am sure there will not be big shoot days and hosts of people, as others have said ask him straight and lay a few ground rules. ;)

Nicola

Many thanks

I would agree with Steve, I try and trial spaniels and I am always desperate for new ground to train on and bunnies to shoot for the dogs, so I doubt very much that this person who has asked you would risk not being invited back and will be respectful when using your ground. There may well be one or two people out with him, as you can't train a trial dog on your own, but I am sure there will not be big shoot days and hosts of people, as others have said ask him straight and lay a few ground rules. ;)

Nicola

:hmm: :hmm: :haha: NICOLA IF YOU ONLY TRY TO TRIAL SPANIELS WOULDNT LIKE TO B RUNNING AGAINST YOU WHEN YOUR BEING SERIOUS ...SAYS THE TRAINER WHO HAS OPEN CLASS FTW AS STUD AND WE LITTLE 18 MONTH BITCH PICKING UP COMMS. IN THE FIRST THREE TRIALS SHE ENTERED.. :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: HOPE YOU GET A COUPLE MORE RUNS THIS SEASON .HEARD A LOT ABOUT THAT BITCH NOTHING BUT GOOD ...SHOULD BE OFTW !!!!

STEVE@WATERPOWER

Nicola

:hmm: :hmm: :haha: NICOLA IF YOU ONLY TRY TO TRIAL SPANIELS WOULDNT LIKE TO B RUNNING AGAINST YOU WHEN YOUR BEING SERIOUS ...SAYS THE TRAINER WHO HAS OPEN CLASS FTW AS STUD AND WE LITTLE 18 MONTH BITCH PICKING UP COMMS. IN THE FIRST THREE TRIALS SHE ENTERED.. :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: HOPE YOU GET A COUPLE MORE RUNS THIS SEASON .HEARD A LOT ABOUT THAT BITCH NOTHING BUT GOOD ...SHOULD BE OFTW !!!!

STEVE@WATERPOWER

Hi Steve thanks very much for the encouragement, :icon_redface::icon_redface::icon_redface: not got any plans to run her till next year, glad you're hearing nice things about her :thumbs:

Nicola