Health And Safety In The Workplace Accident Advice

Good stuff just make sure you don't say a fecking word without your rep in the room.

Can't really offer any advice on how it'll go without more details and you're probably best keeping things offline for now so I won't pry but atb for tomorrow :thumbs:

Edit - just seen your replies above, if you've got pics and witnesses then don't sweat it, you'll be fine. Still keep your mouth shut until your rep is there though :yes:

Edited by BGD
  • Like 1

When you said accident did you hurt yourself? If so did you take time off? Was it longer than a week? If so they should report to ridor. Have you been trained to use the machine?

tbh if your really worried I would be seeing an expert not asking on here, but its your employers responsibility to take all reasonable measures to ensure safety even if you were at fault so itll be them thats more worried than you.

if you want I can send you a number of a guy that may give you some advice but a.please dont tell him who gave you his number(not that you know) and b. Prepare yourself for the most boring conversation you will ever have. Again dont hint at who passed the number on I dont f***ing want him ringing me im still getting over the training course he gave me.

• Like 1

Employers have a Duty of Care: Under the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1992, employers are obliged to assess the nature and scale of risks to health and safety in a workplace and base their control measures on it.

Your union rep. should be aware of this, and if faulty equipment was the cause of an accident, with or without injury, then they are to blame. Hope it turns out OK.