Best Hunting Jacket Info

As the title says I'm looking for a new jacket off Father Christmas haha, Iv had a ridgline monsoon for the past three years and Iv worn the guts out of it, what are you guys wearing and would you recommend it I do alot of lamping and ferreting if that helps cheers lads

Best jacket I've got and ever had is an Aigle. I bought it at the Midland about ten years ago and it's still going strong. It's made with MTD material which is like cordura. Really hard wearing stuff and never lets a drop of rain in. I can't find the same coat for sale now, they must have stopped making them. On top of that I've been wearing an army issue coat I bought off flipper al who's on here. Had it on all weekend in atrocious weather and I was bone dry underneath. Definitely worth considering.

• Like 2

Army waterproof jackets certainly are worth a look , I have two and stay bone dry, although a nice fleece or jumper underneath comes in handy in the cold, but mine are now hung up and not being worn as I prefer a thicker jacket.

http://www.britishmilitarysurplus.co.uk/shop/jackets/british-army-dpm-goretex-jacket-1123349.html

If the link works this is what I have but not worn much and probably wont now just because i prefer a thicker coat rather than having to wear two. I also have another in a different pattern camouflage. Both great coats

Best jacket I've got and ever had is an Aigle. I bought it at the Midland about ten years ago and it's still going strong. It's made with MTD material which is like cordura. Really hard wearing stuff and never lets a drop of rain in. I can't find the same coat for sale now, they must have stopped making them. On top of that I've been wearing an army issue coat I bought off flipper al who's on here. Had it on all weekend in atrocious weather and I was bone dry underneath. Definitely worth considering.

Ive one too..

Over ten years old..

Never let in real warm.

If anything early in season to warm.

I've been out in it with just a vest underneath..

http://www.britishmilitarysurplus.co.uk/shop/jackets/british-army-dpm-goretex-jacket-1123349.html

If the link works this is what I have but not worn much and probably wont now just because i prefer a thicker coat rather than having to wear two. I also have another in a different pattern camouflage. Both great coats

That's a gortex jacket,it's not really meant to keep you warm in low temperatures,it's to keep you dry and the wind off you.

I wouldn't buy it expecting it to be much use alone as a coat,you'd need a good fleece for underneath.

I have deerhunter jacket and it has stood the test of time think I paid £100 for it then bought deerhunter salopettes £100 and although a bit warm when beating they keep me dry and are tough as owt

Yea you do sweat like fuk with the ridgline, I was put off going with deerhunter really because Iv the ram trousers and they ain't lasted a season with me, what deerhunter jacket did you buy ftm ? I just looked at the Inverness 500 looks tidy fp how's it coping with this weather and are you happy with it jack260. And thanks for the replys fellas