Need A Part For My 22Lr

Was out shooting yesterday and my 22lr wasnt ejecting the spent cases. On closer inspection it looks like i need a new bolt action section. Do i have to go through the whole protocol of applying for it via FAC application again, getting letters from landowners etc etc just for the bolt?

thanks

Are you sure its not need a good clean some ammunition is very waxy like Eley, this doesn't help when ejecting, I've also found certain brands to not eject properly, I had a bad batch of winchester at one point that always seemed to jam the empty shell at the wrong moment... try some different ammo if you haven't already.

You can order the claws online. You'd need to google where you can get them but they are only strips of metal so no FAC needed. About £15 if I recall correctly. Then you see that band round the bolt? It's a spring clip. Prize that off (trying not to bend it too much) and the claws lift out. Fit the new ones in the reverse of that and hey presto!

Refer to that photo so you get the right claw on the right side. One is designed to pull the case out and the other to eject it. Give us a shout if you have any problems, but it's piss easy. :thumbs:

It might be just the ammo though. I had real aggro with a batch of Eleys that were gumming up the slots where the extractors sit.

The claw on the left doesn't look quite right, but as already mentioned they are different, it doesn't look like anything has sheared on the claw to me.

Perhaps a thorough strip and clean of the bolt would be of use, but in particular the breech area around the claws clogs up readily with powder residue, clean that area thoroughly as well. It's a little awkward so be careful, but all may be well after that.

:thumbs:

• Like 1