Repeat Mating

Yes, that was a shame what happened with your young bitch, but what better way is there than to use the same sire, it's the same mix of genes as the first time. I left it too late to do a repeat mating with my bitch, and that was a sickener for me, good luck with whatever you decide to do mate

it be the same suppose as ped dogs using same dam and sire, you get the off spring you desire from the matting. its only really lurchers more so when there more than 2 breeds in the mix, you not sure what will come out :yes: , my dog Buck 1 x gsd x grey all the 6 pups looked similar , and there temps were similar big softies lol around the house, but full on in the field :thumbs:

• Like 1

Yes, that was a shame what happened with your young bitch, but what better way is there than to use the same sire, it's the same mix of genes as the first time. I left it too late to do a repeat mating with my bitch, and that was a sickener for me, good luck with whatever you decide to do mate

Hopefully milo is still ok. He was canny old the first time I used him. Cheers lpd

My first litter of bed collie whippet greyhound x saluki whippet greyhound through lashy long body types all ranged from 23 to 25 smooth second litter through half rough coated some short coupled in body ranging from 21 to 26 you get what your given from the genetics

The first litter range from 25-27 but it's only saluki, greyhound and deerhound in the mix

I wouldnt be frightened of repeating the mating, if the litter are as good as you say..at least you have evidence of what that mating can do. My fear is always when trying a dog that isnt proven, and/or using a maiden bitch, this is where breeders are taking a chance, and dog breeding shouldnt be left to chance.

Good breeders dont just produce the odd good litter, the best dogbreeders do it consitently, and, if that means repeat matings, so be it.

Your certainly not going to get clones of the first litter, that cannot, and dosnt happen, but hopefully you should achieve the same overall quality, but even that isnt guarenteed..

"The only thing guarrenteed in dog breeding, is disappointments"

Another litter will also give you a chance to evaluate what the sire can co-produce, just in case you want to put him up at open stud

I wouldnt be frightened of repeating the mating, if the litter are as good as you say..at least you have evidence of what that mating can do. My fear is always when trying a dog that isnt proven, and/or using a maiden bitch, this is where breeders are taking a chance, and dog breeding shouldnt be left to chance.

Good breeders dont just produce the odd good litter, the best dogbreeders do it consitently, and, if that means repeat matings, so be it.

Your certainly not going to get clones of the first litter, that cannot, and dosnt happen, but hopefully you should achieve the same overall quality, but even that isnt guarenteed..

"The only thing guarrenteed in dog breeding, is disappointments"

Another litter will also give you a chance to evaluate what the sire can co-produce, just in case you want to put him up at open stud

I was just reading elsewhere that the second litter may not be as good if using the same sire but there's people saying they had done a repeat mating and his second were better than the first. but people saying its old wives tales etc. I think I am going to do it and hopefully they turn out as good as the first. The owners of the pups have said I should repeat it, so that says it all