rat snaring

Guest tawny

well it seems like rat snaring is back in fashion thanks to the like's of the snare man and peg andgun

and also the people who's posted bits on this site.

i learned how to do it over twenty years ago,from a man who used to write for the shooting news

a forerunner for the now country mans weekley.

he wrought under the name of pesters pen,

had a weekley slot i the paper and i realy did learn a lot from this man.

any way,does anyone know who the man was ?

does he still trap today,

or could he even be a member on this site ???

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Tawney; I had or have the book. Hogg was a friend of a friend and I was eager to be able to praise it to our mutual mate.

As it turned out, I was even more eager just to finish the damn thing, so I could honestly say I'd read it ~ and then evade any further opining. (It Was Dire!!! :icon_eek:)

As an aside; I was taught how to make and use rat snares by a bloke, Ted Masters, who died about thirty five years ago, in his seventies. Niether of us could've dreamed, back then, that so soon people would be able to summon up such information from a key board in their living room!

And so, what was once whispered from father to son is now available at a click, to the kids who demand everything for nothing, Now and appreciate even less. But that's " Progress " for ye.

Tawney; I had or have the book. Hogg was a friend of a friend and I was eager to be able to praise it to our mutual mate.

As it turned out, I was even more eager just to finish the damn thing, so I could honestly say I'd read it ~ and then evade any further opining. (It Was Dire!!! :icon_eek:)

As an aside; I was taught how to make and use rat snares by a bloke, Ted Masters, who died about thirty five years ago, in his seventies. Niether of us could've dreamed, back then, that so soon people would be able to summon up such information from a key board in their living room!

And so, what was once whispered from father to son is now available at a click, to the kids who demand everything for nothing, Now and appreciate even less. But that's " Progress " for ye.

yes ditch, its easy to become an expert over a few nights viewing this internet thing,and yet i dident think

anyone would have replyed to my post, thought it was years before most of the experts on here were born

mind you old pester did give a spot on wright up on rat snaring,

thanks ditch

Guest Ditch_Shitter
would i be right in saying,its well over twenty years now

More like a good twenty five, mate! Back when many of us were somewhat younger :cry:

You remember the " Gamekeeper & Countryside ", Tawns?

would i be right in saying,its well over twenty years now

More like a good twenty five, mate! Back when many of us were somewhat younger :cry:

You remember the " Gamekeeper & Countryside ", Tawns?

ditch im not that f*****g old mate :clapper:

would i be right in saying,its well over twenty years now,since them wright ups were in the shooting news ?

god how time flys

Well you are an old fecker Tawny!! You got yer walking stick ready for weekend? :feck:

i'll show you yourkshire boys how to do the welsh hills mate,dont worry about that.

bring some food though i'll be staving