-== Sir Storms Progress ==-

Guest world.hunters

Guest world.hunters

went out to my permission today to have a closer look. took me ferrets bolted one with the jill that dog picked up before it had a chance to get very far.

then moved on to another warren and gave the hob a look he stayed down for a while which i didnt want as i had no spade with me but i located him to around 2ft mark so got a stick and started "digging" :doh: didnt take to long before i had broke through got the first rabbit and the ferret had scratched fook out of its back and as i pulled that one out another bolted and storm picked that one up aswell.

i decided to call it a day at 3 as that was all i wanted for today enough for me stew and for me dog and enough left over for the ferts.

as i was on way home moxy phoned up and we arranged to have a look out on abit of his permission for an hour or 2 in hope to shoot a couple more rats and maybe a chance at a couple rabbits. moxy shot a rabbit and i slipped storm on a couple but had no chance of catching them really as the rabbits were all close into the hedge row.

as we came to the end of the night moxy spotted a pair of eyes as we walked closer we seen another 5 or 6 pairs of eyes and there was a small group of roe in the field but they soon shot of jumping across the stream and out of view.

well im off to bed now as its been a long but enjoyable day and i have to go meet a farmer tomorrow who is going to drive me around to show me some land i can have a look on.

heres a few pics.

W.h

12-5.jpg

16-3.jpg

13-4.jpg

3-5.jpg

18-3.jpg

17-3.jpg

19-3.jpg

20-3.jpg

21-2.jpg

IMG_7742.jpg

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest world.hunters

Well the wind is blowing a gale and i was all set to go out with a few lads for a good look around, but due to problems it was called off at the last minute.

which left me there ready to go out the wind howling i couldnt sit inside so i desided to have a look out on my self with my dog any my rifle :whistling:

it was fine walking there as the wind pushed me along aswell but coming home i was being blown back.

arrived at the fields had a scan around and spotted some eyes got onto the field and spotted a couple hare so i shot one and storm retrieved it.

then moved onto next field and had another successful retreive.

at that point i had 2 out of 2 in my bag and no more room so i decided i would go for one more and ill carry it so of i went in serch for another and again another successful retrieve later i had 3 i was over the moon with storm and headed home, whilst walking home i though i wonder whats on this field, had a look and spotted a squatting hare i had to have a "shot" at it so did and number 4 was in the bag. at this point i disconnected my lamp from the battery carried on walking home. i was so chuffed with my dog 4 out of 4 and they were not quick short retrieves either i am absolulty amazed how well he did he seemed to recover very fast his fitness must be getting better with all this walking just lately. im still smiling from the night that is whats keeping me away i think.

i took them home 2 in the bag and 2 round my neck and stopped half way to have a drink from the spring lol. when i got home i gutted them and on one he had messed it up abit it was the first one he caught and he did not want to let go of its neck. they dont have spill blood tho i had to wash down the bag yard at around 3.30am lol then clean and dry dog before letting him in.

anyways enough of me ranting on all i can say from the night is it was worth all the cleaning all the pain carrying them etc i am chuffed to bit with storm and how well he did and i honestly believe he could of had a a couple more attempts but didnt want to over do it. this will be one of my last night of lamping before end of season but not the last not whilst there is wind like this lol.

heres pic they were all nice big strong hares.

22-2.jpg

Edited by world.hunters
Guest world.hunters

Cheers lads

im back out tonight on the bunnys with scouser and storms brother so should have another decent night out.

did see any bunnys over here tho it was all hares.

i went to see the farmer he drove me round on back of 4 x4 didnt see like there will be many rabbits but there was a few phesents around and the farmer said i can have a go at them aswell if i want. im still happy with it as its on the way to my other permission so it will be nice just to let dog work up on the way.

W.h